Thursday, February 21, 2013

4 Weeks

My phone continues to be a blessing and a curse. It makes it possible to capture many many sweet moments throughout the day but often times I forget to pull out my big camera. So these are all from my phone over the last few weeks. Sweet moments with my sweet kids. 

We continue to be doing great making the adjustment to 5. Jett is 4 weeks today!  Jett's the sweetest little guy with spit up all over himself all the time. Sometimes I wonder how he can actually be full after spitting up so much. We change his outfit several times a day because it is soaked. It doesn't seem to matter if I burp him like crazy, keep him upright for a while after eating, he still pukes. Luckily it doesn't seem to phase him.

I'm going to apologize for the incredible amount of pictures of Jett. He's just SO STINKIN' CUTE! I can't stop taking pictures. I love how quickly we can't imagine life without him.

These continue to be some of my favorite moments. Nap time with Jett. I simply love soaking up all the snuggles I can get with him.
Wide eyed and ready to go in the car. He, like all my children has done great in his car seat. He slept through 2.5 hours of errands today! He's a rock star!
I have found that bath time in the morning seems to work better these days than at night. Everyone seems happier, it's usually less rushed and at night Jett seems to be a hungry hippo so mornings tend to go better. We even have been doing two at a time so they have more room to play in the bath. There is far less whining when they are not sitting on top of each other!
This was one of my favorite faces that Quinton would make and Jett likes to make it too. It's only appropriate to say, "ohhhhhhhhh," when he's making this face.
Some exciting news is that Jett is taking a bottle! My first three kiddos were never good breast feeders so I pumped for a while and bottle fed from the beginning. My milk started to dry up at  7 months with Titan and it was a HUGE battle (FOR MONTHS) to get him to take a bottle so we are trying to start early with Jett to avoid that battle. I've learned some good ideas from friends. It has been suggested to do a bottle every day at the same time so it just becomes habit. I'm going to work on that. So this picture is especially exciting because this was our first try. Dan is feeding him.
Bottle #2! Don't worry I won't take a picture of every bottle he takes.
This is Jett the other night when I was ready to go to sleep... He's thinking, NO WAY MOM!
Snuggled up in the living room while we play around him. Sometimes I think that he sleeps better with all the chaos going on around him.
My big kids have been keeping busy these days. Titan is at a VERY fun age but he is determined to be involved in everything while means that I am constantly on Titan watch. He is quite sneaky! He loves, loves, loves to climb. He is very resourceful and will flip over baskets, boxes, even the garbage can in the bathroom to climb up on to get to what he wants. Love his determination!

We bake cookies the other morning. My momma's peanut butter chocolate chip recipe. We just call them Papa Cookies. A fun morning.
Jett just hung out in the kitchen while we baked. Yes, he loves his pink bouncer. Only real men love pink! Even pink with flowers!
We have had some crazy weather this winter. The other day is was BEAUTIFUL. We enjoyed a fabulous morning of bike riding, playing ball, Rex tried looking for bugs (he is one bug lovin' boy). It was just wonderful to get some fresh air. Jett enjoyed being snuggled in my arms. Fresh air makes everyone happier.

They are forming a biker gang.
Like I say all the time, Titan refuses to be left out of anything! He just pushed himself with his feet. I have no doubt that he will quickly pick up peddling. Not much gets past him.  He can successfully get on the big kids bikes all by himself and he sits there ready to go. Never take your eyes off this kid!
To say that we still like the Ninja Turtles would be a complete understatement. WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Turtles. It is all they play with (yes, even Myla). This was a battle scene that Quinton set up this week. Leonardo is dominating Shredder and Lounge Lizard.
Rex has mastered the art of rolling his eyes. He's such a funny guy! I love his eyes, even when he's rolling them at me!
My big guy and I! He has been battling some sickness for a week now. Fevers on and off. I can't wait for him to be over it. He still is the happiest kid ever even when he's sick.
Titan and I and Jett stayed home from bible study for the second week in a row.  He woke up from naps with a fever. I started to think though that maybe it was all fake just so he could get two hours of alone time (Jett slept the whole time) with mom, a popsicle and a solo skype date with Nana and Papa. This boy is smarter than an 18 month old.
Titan and I had such a fabulous time together. I just love getting one on one time with my kids. They are truly precious. It's fun to see their personalities when they have your undivided attention.

I just love this boy!
A sweet moment from the other morning. Quinn was reading (and making up) a story to everyone. He's a fabulous oldest and loves his siblings.
I will leave you with 5X the cuteness. All snuggled in my bed the other night watching a show before bed.
Thankful for the precious moments that happen every day around this house. Amazing kids I have been blessed with.

Happy 4 Weeks Jett!

No comments: