Friday, February 8, 2013

2 Week Already!

How is it even possible that my little Jett Abell is two weeks old already (well, yesterday)?

He continues to win the award for "The Most Amazing Baby EVER!" Eating, sleeping, pooping, puking, just being, like a rock star! I hear daily that he looks exactly like my oldest two, Quinton and Myla. If that continues on as he grows up we know he will be one good looking kid!

I just love the newborn stage. There is nothing sweeter than holding your new little baby, having them sleep on your chest, and just melt in your arms. I'm definitely not wishing for time to go faster these days.
It always amazes me how quickly they change in appearance from when they were born. Every time I send a picture to my family (which happens at least once a day) they all respond that he looks different already. I was certain if I had just one more super cute baby that all my family would move to Des Moines to be closer to him.... that plan hasn't work, but hopefully they will all be back soon for a visit. When there is so much sweetness in one baby people can't stay away too long!
If you notice in every picture there is a little spit up on the side of his mouth. This has just become part of Jett. All my kids know exactly what to do when he spits. They run and find a burp rag and help wipe it up! Such good helpers!
Jett is already out seeing the world in his first few weeks of life. He's been to Caribou (three times), Church, a couple of friends house, my chiropractor, we went to the Science Center with Dan yesterday. He has just joined right in. Quinton reminds me quite regularly not to forget Jett.  I sure hope that never happens.  I was feeling an incredible sense of accomplishment the other morning when I took all five to my chiropractor. I had to be out the door by 8:30 and they all woke up after 7:30. It's the little things these days that make me feel like I can conquer anything!! 
We have loved the last two weeks as a family of 7! Life is so much sweeter with Jett around! Incredibly Blessed and Incredibly THANKFUL!

No comments: