Friday, February 1, 2013

All in a week!

I cannot believe that it has been a week since my sweet baby was born. It seems like I was just holding him for the first time and now he is just part of the gang. 

He has been an unbelievable baby. He has the most amazing demeanor. Does well with all the noise, does great when people get all up in his face and pet his hair, honk his nose, tickle his feet and just love on him. We have had some rough nights but last night I was blessed with some amazing sleep. He only woke up to eat at 2am and then slept again until 7am! Ummm.... yes, sleep is so great! I'm not expecting that every night but it was nice to catch up on a little rest last night. I actually really enjoy getting up with him. I like the alone, quiet time to snuggle him, look at him, enjoy him without any interruptions. There is something so precious about snuggling your baby when no one else is around and night time is my only time to do that with him so even though it can result in some exhaustion I really enjoy waking up with him. I would much rather wake up with a baby several times a night than wake up to pee 5 times a night. 

My phone has become quite valuable thing to me as I can capture moments all with him at night or just when I don't have my big camera near by. So these are all from my phone in Jett's first week of life. Not the same high quality but the same sweet faces that I so adore!

This was our first night at the hospital.
I'm fairly certain that this was his 3rd outfit of the night and that just a moment before this picture he peed, pooped and puked all at the same time. Like most babies he is very talented at that!
 
A sweet moment at night, just me and my little guy!
A visit from my parents would not be complete without a Caribou visit (or three....). We kind of like Caribou and it has just become something that we all look forward to when they visit. We go and sit inside, my kids love it, I love it, Nana and Papa love it. They don't have Caribou in Arkansas so we have to make sure that they get their fix when they are here! 

I pretty sure that each of my kids have a picture similar to this in their first week of life! Just keeping with traditions! 
I can hardly contain my love for these next pictures! OHHHHHHHHHHH, he is so precious. He makes my heart melt. I love every sweet baby face of his. 
  
Titan continues to take our newest addition like a champ. He loves Jett, seems totally interested in him and likes to know where his "baby" is at all times. I will catch him regularly laying down next time him just watching him, honking his nose, petting his head. I love it. These two are destine to be the best of friends, roommates for life, constant companions. No one will mess with Titan and Jett!
 Let's not forget about the other four sweet faces that I adore.

You will not find a prettier girl inside and out. Love my Myla.
Titan making huge mess, but I love his independence.
 Quinton Daniel, the most amazing oldest.
 What a goof ball!
 And this is from a few weeks ago but Rex loves to eat snow and I just love those big brown eyes.
We have had a blessed first week as a family of 7. Many, many sweet moments enjoying our Jett Abell. Still adjusting to taking care of 5 kids. Thankful for all the help and the best husband ever to love these kids with. We are on quiet the adventure together and I'm enjoying ever minute of the ride.

No comments: