Friday, March 9, 2012

Haircuts

My studly big boys got haircuts this past week. They never seem to mind especially because they know it involves a sucker!

While I was cutting Quinton's hair he asked, "When I get bugs in my hair again can we shave my head?" The answer to that question was, "Yes, if you get bugs in your hair we can shave your head. But let's try and avoid getting bugs in your hair again. I love your curls!"

Although I did cut a little more off Quinn's hair than I probably would have liked, the fact that I have cut his hair 3 times since shaving it proves that I have nothing to worry about. It will grow back fast! I always find it's a difficult balance between too long and too short, I have to cut enough off to make the cut worth it.

You will notice there is slightly different texture to their hair.

Rex' hair.
Quinn's hair. His beautiful curls.Dan and I agree that we like his hair shorter. Both boys hair is insanely thick and beautiful!These boys adore each other. Rex is catching up in size. This past weekend he made the jump into 3T pants. Oh my little boy is growing up. Soon they will probably just share all their clothes.

Kids are so funny. A friend of mine gave us some old character shirts and my boys think they are the hottest things around town. Rex struts around they house talking about how cool he is in his Buzz Lightyear shirt. And of course if one wears a shirt it is necessary for the other to wear their shirt. I am not a huge fan of character shirts but to see the smiles on their faces and how Rex does his happy little dance makes me set aside my preferences and wash them as often as I can.I just told Dan the other day how devastated Myla is going to be once Titan can move. Although he is not crawling yet, the day is fast approaching. Myla loves when Titan sits in her lap. She loves playing "mommy" to him and always wants to hold him and get him toys, read him books. It won't be long before she will have to chase him down. I'm still dreaming of the day when I can put Myla's hair in a pony tail. Every time I cut my boys hair I just want to glue it onto Myla's. Funny how my only daughter has the least amount of hair. Thankful for all my little kiddos. And SO thankful for no bugs in their hair!

No comments: