Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winter is Here

Much to my disappointment, winter decided to arrive in Iowa on February 4th. It came quickly and harshly and after a week of it I'm ready for spring. Well, let's be honest, I was ready for spring back in October!

My children however have maintained an optimistic outlook on the cold and thoroughly embraced the SNOW.

My desire for my children's happiness overcame my dislike for dressing children to play in the snow and I persevered through and got them all dressed and ready for the great outdoors.

I have put off buying snow pants for my Quinn. I kept hoping that we would never have a need for them. I was wrong. Quinn joyfully wore some thick sweatpants over his jeans. It didn't seem to phase him or slow him down at all. Whatever works...We are not setting any fashion statements for the most stylish children while playing in the snow. But everything was covered and warm!It snowed all day last Saturday and finally stopped in the evening so before dinner we ventured outside to test it out. Much to my liking it was a fairly mild evening. I bundled up Titan in a jacket, hat and blankets. Even he seemed to be happier just getting some fresh air.

I think that there is an unwritten kid rule that says when there is a fresh layer of snow on the ground you MUST jump into it and land on your tummy. That was all my children wanted to do. Run, and belly flop, run, and belly flop. Quite entertaining to watch!They spent a significant amount of time laying in the snow. I thought these next two pictures were a good display of how difficult it is for a two year old to move all dressed in snow clothes. It was funny to watch them try and stand up.Pure joy was on their faces.I love my outdoor loving wee ones. What a goof ball. I would have been freezing if I laid in the snow even once but they would have played all night if I didn't drag them in for dinner.In case you were wondering what we were doing early in the week before the snow came these pictures should help you see how incredible our February started. I realize that it's not normal to have no snow on the ground during the beginning of February but we definitely made the most of it.My lovelyMy Happy TyMy ALMOST 4 year old showing off his penmanship. Pretty amazing. What a difference a week makes.

No comments: