Monday, February 27, 2012

Favorite February EVER

I'm pretty sure that I can't remember a February that I have loved as much as this past February.

I barely had anything to complain about regarding the weather.

It has just been fabulous. I love not having to trek through the snow to get into places. It's always a challenge carrying a car seat while trying to hold 3 wee ones hands to keep them from slipping and sliding. We have made the most of the warm weather playing outside a lot. It was even warm getting into my car the other day after it had been sitting in the sun. Oh it was a beautiful thing.

I enjoyed celebrating my birthday yesterday with my five favorite people. I walked into the kitchen to a huge box.... MY DEEP FREEZE!

I realize how old I'm getting when I get excited about a deep freeze from my husband, but I love it. I was so excited. The ironic thing is that when my mom brought me home from the hospital 27 years ago my dad gave her a freezer. I guess life comes full circle. Oh the things I get excited about these days sure have changed but I wouldn't change a thing about it.

We enjoyed a family dinner at On the Border. My children each consumed more chips than one would think physically possible. They for sure belong to me! Wonderful dinner and back home to wrestle, run and set up my birthday present.

We enjoyed a bath tonight and I couldn't resist taking pictures of these sweet faces. A very common phrase I hear these days is, "Oh Titan looks like his Daddy." I always find it difficult to figure out who my kids look like. I think their personalities are so different that it's hard to get past that.

So, does he look like his Daddy?Oh I adore him.Titan's eyes are still changing. Do you think they will go all brown like his brothers? The big boys eyes changed until they were almost a year, so we will keep watching Ty's eyes.Titan loves to try and grab things from the ledge of the big tub. He tries to pull himself up. I think it's only a matter of time before he starts to get into all the three musketeer's stuff. I have a feeling I'm going to have to intervene a lot more often as his movement catches up with his curiosity. It's a good think that his siblings adore him. Get ready to see some beautiful eyes...Sad eyes...Mommy said something funny... Happy Eyes.My oldest brown eyed boy.My blue eyed babe.She's my girl.She is so delightful.We loved this February. It definitely got us in the mood for spring. I loved getting to celebrate my birthday with my five favorite people. I'm so thankful for another amazing year. Blessed and thankful.

2 comments:

Sarah and Jed said...

It sounds like your birthday was fabulous. You will LOVE your deep freeze - it's so convenient. I totally understand what you mean about practical gifts - Jed got me a little handheld vacuum and you would have thought it was diamonds I was so excited. Well... not quite, but you know what I mean :)

Life's a Dance said...

SO excited for you! AND you picked the BEST restaurant, I had to comment! Maybe that's why I love you so much? haha just joking, but its my favorite!
Love you MEG!