Monday, February 20, 2012

Always Delightful

The always delightful Nana and Papa came for a visit a few weeks ago. Thanks to my Aunt's birthday they decided to come north in the middle of winter. I think it only confirms in their minds that they will never live in the mid-west again. Despite the snow and cold weather we had a wonderful time as always.

It had just snowed over the weekend so building a snowman was a must. Since I had my hands full holding Titan (a perfect excuse to not have to dig into the cold, wet , white stuff), Papa stepped up to the plate and attempted to build a snowman. The snow however was not great for snowman building so the shape of the snowman is rather sad, and the bucket shaped head made him look a silly but my wee ones didn't seem to mind and after putting many stick arms on him we decided to call him snow robot or bucket head.

They didn't seem to care what their snowman looked like and enjoyed the opportunity to be outside with Papa. They even tried out the swing set in the snow.
Everyone working together.I'm not sure how Rex has the strength to keep his eyes open so wide all the time. His eyelashes must weigh a ton! I'm pretty sure all the ladies are going to be jealous as he gets older. Just another reason why his eyes melt your heart. Quinn with a huge "arm" for the snowman.The snowman building gang.We enjoyed a fabulous day at the Science Center of Iowa. We had never been before and I thought the extra hands would make for a fun time for everyone. We went on Tuesday so Dan was with us so all my wee ones had someone to help them build a rocket, do the huge bubbles, build a lego car, look at all the snakes. My kids had a blast, it was such a fun place to go and explore. They keep talking about the rocket launcher. Quinn keeps telling me we should get one in our house.

Papa, Quinn and Myla looking at the snakes.Rex and Nana. This snake was moving the whole time we were exploring this room.Nana teaching them. My two favorite girls.Trying out everything.Titan was a trooper as always. And oh so handsome. It was necessary when Nana and Papa were here to make a few stops at Caribou. I do it all for the sake of them, they are not blessed with a Caribou in Arkansas so we make the sacrifice and pack everyone up to enjoy a delicious Mocha. My kids enjoy the coffee shop treats, games and coloring with Nana and Papa.

We had such a delightful time with them. My children are counting down the days until they come back the end of March. We love our Nana and Papa time. We are so blessed to have them in our lives and so thankful that the distance doesn't keep us from seeing them often!

No comments: