Friday, July 1, 2011

Nana & Papa!

Our favorite out of town visitors came this week!
We enjoyed two fun filled (but short) days with Nana and Papa. They arrived for dinner Monday night and left Thursday morning so we packed a lot of fun into Tuesday and Wednesday!

We went to the big pool and with a few extra hands I was able to take a few pictures. My children loved it once again and enjoyed lots of jumping and swimming. Myla was a kicking machine as she practiced swimming and my boys loved it too. I'm so glad that they love the water although Myla tends to be a bit too brave. The girl has NO FEAR of the water!

Myla and Nana

Papa and Myla
Myla jumping to Nana
Myla jumping to Papa
My boys enjoyed jumping to their fun loving Daddy. Quinn loves to do "BIG jumps." Meaning that Dan stands as far away as possible and Quinn jumps to him.
Quinn and Daddy
Rex loved swimming with Daddy.
Rexy loves doing anything with his Daddy!
My brave little girl
Rex getting ready to be thrown into the air!
Everyone took some good naps after the pool and then we headed out to dinner. We like picking a restaurant out at Jordan Creek because their is the pond to walk around, fish and ducks to feed, rocks to climb and jump off of and frogs to look for. So much to entertain us. We ate outside at Champs, a totally beautiful night, and then walked around the pond and had fun.

Quinn and Nana getting ready to feed the fish
Papa and the wee ones feeding the fish


Dan adores all our children but I can attest that their is something very special about a father daughter relationship. I have an amazing relationship with my dad and I have NO DOUBT that these two will have a very special bond. It doesn't get much cuter than this!
Dan, Papa and the kids
The gang doing some rock climbing while looking for frogs
There was a "race track" with different levels that my fun loving kids enjoying climbing on and racing around.
She has NO problem keeping up with the boys
The cheer leaders
Wednesday we enjoyed a Caribou (a Miller Family tradition) and then off to the park. The extra hands are ALWAYS wonderful because the all love being pushed on the swings, climbing the high slide and running all around. I once again enjoyed taking some pictures while Nana was at the top of the high slide and Papa caught them at the bottom. Fun was had by all!

Rex being his sweet self!
My children are fearless
Myla getting ready to slide, Quinn jumping from the slide.
Myla getting a ride from Papa
Quinn at the bottom of the big slide!
We ALWAYS enjoy when Nana and Papa visit.
I thoroughly enjoyed the extra hands. These days my body will take all the help it can get. My parents are tremendous grandparents. I always feel like my kids learn so much and have many adventures when they are around. We loved our packed and fun filled days with them. The next time we see them Wee #4 will be here and ready for some Nana and Papa fun too. Crazy to think about!!

No comments: