Friday, July 8, 2011

Holiday Weekend!

We enjoyed a lot of Daddy time this last weekend starting Sunday after church. I was thrilled that the 4th fell on a Monday because it meant that we got 2.5 full days with Dan

We had a great 4th of July but all were exhausted by the end of the day. We went to a parade in the morning. Thanks to some friends who went really early we got a nice spot on the parade route, LOTS of candy and enjoyed our friends I'm pretty sure that my children never stopped putting candy into their mouths. We left after an hour and twenty minutes and the parade was still going strong. We came home and enjoyed a delicious lunch on the deck and all took naps! Woke up and headed to the church camp for some volleyball and some grilling then off to a friends house for fireworks. My children enjoyed the fireworks but were worn out by 10:45 at night. Myla kept saying "pretty" and Rex kept saying "boom boom" and Quinn was just exhausted! Overall a fabulous family day enjoyed by everyone!

My only picture at the parade... I was busy keeping my eyes on my kids and opening candy wrappers!Tuesday morning we went to a park. We picked one with baseball fields which are always a hit for my kids. There is something special in their minds about actually playing baseball on a baseball field versus just on the grass. They all three enjoy baseball and they all three enjoy watching Daddy play baseball!

Quinn is getting to become quite the ball player. He has a great throw and continues to get better at hitting. Plus what a cool Twins hat!Myla just likes to be involved in things. She usually ends up running after the balls because she doesn't care too much about batting. She is a fabulous sport and has quite a good arm on her.
My sweet boys... It's crazy thinking about another little Rude boy running around here soon!
Isn't she lovely?
Rex is addicted to ANYTHING with balls
Check out that grin on Quinn's face. He loves baseball!
Rex being a goof
Here is the Coach!
Dan LOVES baseball. It was his best sport and he thoroughly enjoys teaching our kids and playing ball with them!
Quinn likes pitching to Daddy
Rex and Myla like chasing the balls and they are all amazed at how far he can hit them!
Daddy and QuinnQuinn being a goofDaddy and his sweet potato.
Dan comes up with funny names for our kids all the time!
There is no man this little girl loves more than her DaddyRexy
I enjoyed playing with my camera on this overcast day which apparently is the best for taking pictures. It was still bright but no sun so no squinting and no big shadows.
How did I do?
She is going to be so sweet to our new little guy!
The best oldest brother ever!
I'm pretty sure that spontaneous running through the hose with their clothes on is one of my children's favorite things to do these days. I think it happens practically every other day. Whenever I take the time to get their suits on and put swim diapers on no one wants to swim so instead we just go with the flow!

Once again, Daddy is the most fun!The kids enjoy taking turns holding the hose
Rex is always brave with his Daddy
My youngest for a few more days!
Too precious
I am constantly in awe of my family and how wonderful they all are. Quinn, Rex and Myla are going to do amazing when Wee #4 comes. Quinn is always trying to solve problems and take care of Rex and Myla. He is sweet when he grabs their face very gently with both his hands to try and explain something to them. As crazy as having 4 under three and a half is going to be I have full confidence that my children will handle our new Wee one amazingly. I continue to be thankful every day that I am still pregnant because it means that my little man is still growing inside of me. Although I am super excited to meet him and I think that I will probably get more sleep at night once he is here despite having to get up to feed him than I am getting now. This big belly and small bladder have a way of waking me up 6-7 times a night. I am truly thankful, very blessed and loving my life!

2 comments:

Carrie Krupke said...

You did great with those cloudy day photos Meg! Keep it up! You have wonderful subjects. ;)

April Scherb said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog and you. Nuff said!