Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Boy Brings Me Joy!

What a joy Quinton is! Obviously lying down is not the ideal situation but I will say that being home and being able to watch Quinton play and laugh, brush his teeth, read a book, eat bubbles and be "Destructo Boy" as his Papa calls him, brings me so much joy. I do however think that he is a little confused why there are ALWAYS people around, why I can't pick him up and why I can't play with him. But I am reminded daily that he will not remember this and that as soon as I can do all those things again he will be normal again. I do suppose it is good practice for him as he gets used to not having all of his mom's attention because I think when these babies come my attention might not all be on him. Overall though, Quinton has been quite a wonderful boy and is learning to go with the flow.
Quinn does however LOVE his Nana and Papa and seems to have no trouble adjusting to them being around. My parents were a tremendous blessing to Dan and I am came to Des Moines for a week to help us take care of Quinton. I think Quinn exhausted them every day but I think everyone enjoyed them being here. They helped us cross many things off our "to-do list" and cleaned and cooked and did laundry and took very good care of all of us. They will be back in Des Moines on the 12th for a couple of days to run after "Destructo Boy" again for us. They are such a blessing to Dan and I and Quinton seems right at home with them. He did get very spoiled with lots of popsicles and walks to the ice cream shop, no wonder he likes his Nana and Papa so much!
Quinton enjoyed his new play place on our screened in porch. Papa and Dan put up some lattice on the lower portion of the screens so that Quinton could not push through the screens and fall. Quinton was serenading us while we sat on the porch!
My sister Kelly sent me a bedrest care package that included some sour worms. I am always amazed at how sharp kids are. Quinton has never seen this kind of candy before but he knew right away that it was food and showed his little smile and said please please please... so I gave him one...
The Boy could not get enough of the sour worms.. I only gave him a few but he was so goofy about them and so so excited to eat them. Thank you Aunt Kelly for helping me keep my spot in Quinton's heart with some sour gummy worms!!
Eating sour worms with Daddy! Life doesn't get much better than this!
Taking a nap with Daddy. My two precious boys!
We truly have been blessed by all of your prayers and emails. We are now 27.5 weeks along (I have to throw in the .5 because every day on bedrest is a huge accomplishment!). The Doctors told us that 28 weeks is a huge accomplishment so we are looking forward to checking off a few more days. We have another ultrasound on Tuesday and we are anxious to see how the babies are growing and get an estimate on how much they weigh and then another Doctor on Thursday. I am pretty excited about both of them because it means I get to get out of the house and look around!! I might even make Dan take me for ice cream or something after an appointment! We are so thankful though for how things are going. We are glad that I have not progressed any further. We are learning to go about life a little differently these days but things seem to overall be running smoothly. The doctor even told me if I make it to 32 weeks and have not progressed any further they might give me a little freedom on my feet and if I make it to 34 weeks I might get to run an errand!!!! We also would get two more steriod shots for the babies at 32 weeks. So we have lots to strive for... but still one day at a time is enough for me to tackle!

We have been overwhelmed by the amount of people stepping up to help us and to run after Quinn. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful family members and friends who just want to help. It brings tears to my eyes so often just thinking about how blessed this crazy Rude family of five is. Thank you all for your continued love and support. These babies are pretty lucky to be loved by so many people even before they take their first breath. Keep Praying!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for posting the pics of Quinn, Gigi and Papa! Keep those babies cookin'. And send a pic of your belly please :)