Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bedrest....

Life Horizontally is not quite all its cracked up to be! We are now home from the hospital and learning to take life day by day... trying to control contractions and keep these little ones inside while friends and family fun after Quinton.

The good news is that when we left the hospital I had not progressed any further which means that the bed rest is doing its job keeping these babies inside. We have been very blessed by willing friends and family that have been bending over backwards to help us take care of Quinton. And Nana and Papa Miller drove up from Arkansas to keep a watchful eye on Quinn. I think they are quickly realizing why I am in preterm labor after running after Quinton for a day... he is one active little boy.

I am learning to keep my eye on the prize and not to worry about all the little things that I wish I could get done everyday. I am learning to let people serve and help me. I am trying to remember that in the scheme of things this time will be over before I know it. I have been so encouraged by so many of you and your stories of how you have survived bed rest and early labor.

I wish that the Lord would let us in on His timing for these babies but I suppose that is where faith and trust in Him comes into play. The Lord has been good in giving me the grace to make it through every day. And every day He is weaving these little babies together inside of me. We are so thankful that they were able to give them both of the steroid shots to mature their lungs. The two of them move like crazy inside of me. I really think that they move at least twice as much because when one starts going to other joins right in... they are playmates already. I think Quinton will thoroughly enjoy his new playmates when they arrive.

Thank you all for your encouragement. If anyone has any helpful hints about bed rest please please shoot them my way. We are so blessed by all of your prayers. Keep them up... they seem to be working. Praise the Lord for His timing is perfect and He has great plans for our family... I mean after all He has already given us double the blessings at once with two babies. We could not be more thankful for our family!

No comments: