Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Curly Haired Little Buddy!

Quinton is becoming such a big boy and my favorite little buddy! It is absolutely amazing the amount of things that he understands, the new words that he is learning daily and how much fun he is to be around. He has discovered the moon and can say moon, he makes dinosaur noises (imitating his dad and I), he makes truck noises while pushing around his truck, he is amazing at spotting bunnies (we have lots of bunnies in our area) and then chases them till they run away, he waves to anyone and everyone while we are on our walks, he loves to brush his teeth and then he loves to brush my teeth, he helps me and his dad brush our hair, he is just a delight!
He is becoming more independent in everything (although I am still right beside him) but he is learning so much!
Check out these beautiful curls on this boy! One of his favorite things to spot when we are on a walk is a flag so my 80 cent find at the store is a HUGE hit and the past couple of days we don't go anywhere without our American flag!
Quinton and I watching a parade in the rain on the 4th of July

Last I checked, eight teeth were broken through, only one molar, but he is putting them to great use. He seems to enjoy spicy foods (just like his mom and dad), spicy guacamole on a cracker is a much loved treat, and fruit is his all time favorite thing to eat, and he can say "blueberries" and "watermelon"! Difficult words but he does really well and gets very exited to eat them! And of course as you all have seen in the past, he LOVES popsicles! If anyone has any good ideas on how to get this boy to eat vegetables PLEASE let me know, he eats blueberries until blue comes out in his diaper but he will not eat any veggies. He drinks some V8 juice (doctor recommended) to get a serving of vegetables but I just can't get him to eat them! I have even tried eating them in front of him and offering him some, believe me I don't enjoy them, but he still won't eat them!

I know you see them a lot but popsicle pictures just never get old to me!
Aunt Kelly came for a visit the other weekend. We had a great time catching up and playing with Quinton! Family is such a wonderful thing and I am thankful for her taking the time to come and hang out with us. I wish we all lived closer so we could see each other more often!
Kelly was also my inspiration for sewing! She coached me through a lot of my projects that at one time were just ideas but they are not realities!! I borrowed a friends sewing machine and have gone crazy! Dan is very impressed with my skills though! I have covered four pillows, the previous covers were all coming undone and stuffing was coming out. So I decided to cover them!!
My more exciting project has been making the bedding for the twins cradle and a moses basket I found at a garage sale. I have finished the bumper pad for the cradle (it is the paisley one on the bottom) and the moses basket pad cover (the poka dot one). My friend is going to help me finish the rest of the moses basket which will be in the paisley fabric and then make some fitted sheets in the poka dots for the cradle. I am so so exited and very impressed with my own abilities. It can he quite addicting once you get started. I will have to post some more pictures when it is all done to help you get a better feel for it!

Wee #2 and Wee #3 are doing great. We are 24 weeks along and i am already bigger than I was with Quinton. I will try and remember to have Dan take some pictures. It is amazing how fast these babies are growing, I swear every morning I wake up I am bigger than the day before! I still feel pretty great though and we are still doing everything we did before although when I go on walks I have to walk very slow because I already have a lot of contractions, I am told not to worry since I had a lot this early with Quinton too. We have another doctors appointment and ultrasound next week. I always look forward to them just to hear that everything is ok. The twins kick like crazy in my belly and it is always fun when you can feel little body parts (although I don't know what I am feeling it's still wonderful). We still cannot believe it's twins but feel so blessed and excited. Keep us all in your prayers, I want these babies to be big enough to take home with us from the hospital right away! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

Dana and Ryan said...

Great fabric choices! I love them! And nice job sewing...its fun, isn't it! :)

nicki said...

hey Megan- it's Kim Berg (Dana's friend). I pop in here every once and awhile to peek at your ADORABLE little boy, and congrats on the twins!

For veggies, this might sound sort of strange (but it worked on my sister and I)... my parents used to make popsicles out of veggie juice. You can get this little popsicle maker from Target or wherever for a few dollars (looks like a large ice cube tray) and put whatever type of juice you want in there! Maybe that will work since he seems to love those popsicles.

Meg said...

Kim, Thank you so much for the fabulous idea!! That just might work great. Popsicles are a favorite... we might have to try the v8 juice that has fruits and veggies in it! What a fun idea, thank you so much!!