Wednesday, July 22, 2009

PLEASE PRAY

We write to you all with tears in our eyes and scared but confident hearts... we remain confident that the Lord is good and in control and ALWAYS working for the good of those who love Him. What an amazing promise that He gives us to cling to in good times and bad.

Our doctors appointment yesterday resulted in another trip to the hospital when the doctor discovered that I was already 2 cm dilated and my cervix felt thinner than the week before. And this time I got stuck here... not sure if or when I will be going home. The babies are still doing well and they look fabulous despite all the other action going on with my body. They gave the babies a steroid shot yesterday and will give them another one today to help develop their lungs. From all that we have heard and read it rapidly helps their lungs to develop and gets them ready to breath on their own. The babies are still a good size but we are praying desperately that they keep growing inside of me for a while longer.

Psalm 139:13-18

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me
were written in your book before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.

It is overwhelmingly comforting to know that the Lord had this all planned out and he knows exactly when these babies are coming and all that is going on. He had more thoughts of these two than we do and believe me, Dan and I think and pray for these babies and our family like crazy.

Dan is truly an incredible husband and dad and is taking good care of Quinton. He is a strong rock for me through all of this. And truly loves me, Quinn and these babies. He is already bending over backwards for me and loving and caring for Quinton through all of this. You can all keep Quinn in your prayers too as he will have some adjusting to do... That brings tears to my eyes and I miss him terribly. When you go from being glued to someone to having to be away from them it is so hard and my heart aches to be able to take care of him again. I know he is in good hands and this is only a short season in life but he is my best little buddy!! I am truly blessed to have such a great husband, family and group of friends to help us through all of this.

Please keep our all our babies in your prayers. We are scared of the unknown to us but confident in the Lords good plan. He is so faithful and loving and has blessed us so much already and for that we are truly thankful. Hopefully they will get everything under control and I can go home and rest at home with my family. And every day that these two little ones stay inside of me is a huge deal we are told so pray for many more days in the comfort of my uterus :) Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers. We truly appreciate them and are blessed by them!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love you all and am thinking of you every day. I hope everything goes smoothly and those babies decide to stay all snuggled and warm inside of you for many more weeks. Praying for you, Dan, Q and the Wee Rudes :)