Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mr. Messy!

Quinton sure has enjoyed me being on bed rest! People bring us cookies, Nana and Papa come to visit and Nana makes delicious meals every night. I don't think that he is suffering at all! He thoroughly enjoyed Nana's ribs and even dipped the bones in bbq sauce and ranch dressing as dessert!
I just thought these pictures were too funny!
Quinn is thinking " My goodness my Nana is a goooooood cook!"Enjoying a chocolate chip cookie made by a friend of ours!Once again we were so blessed to have my parents come and chase Quinton around for a couple of days for us. It is always such a comfort to Dan and I knowing that Quinn is in good hands and being well taken care of. We have really enjoyed their company and their help. It is weird to think that the next time we see them will be when these babies arrive.

Not only did they make cook delicous meals, they also took tips from Aunt Kelly and brought sour gummy worms for Quinton. I do not think that Quinton was lacking in love, attention, playmates or food while they were visiting. Dan and I are truly thankful for all of their help and the help of so many of our friends and family here in Des Moines!
He would get this huge smile on his face every time he would get a gummy worm.
Nana and Papa took Quinton on many adventures outside and played in the hose with him.
Now I know where Quinn learns all his new tricks from. Nana trying to teach him to role his tongue... it resulted in more like just sticking out his tongue but oh well!At the ParkLearning new things
Overall I think that Papa had just as much fun with all Quinton's toys as Quinn did.
Building a huge tower for Quinn to knock over!
Tuesday will be 4 weeks on bed rest for me. I am happy to say that looking back it has gone by significantly faster than I was thinking it would, but the road ahead still looks long to me. Our doctors are so pleased with how we are doing and how long these babies have stayed inside especially with such an early scare. They seem to still be growing and getting bigger... well at least I am getting bigger so I assume they are getting bigger too. Plus I keep getting kicked harder and harder! I will say though that feeling the chaos in my belly (especially with two) is my favorite part about being pregnant. It is this secret thing going on that no one else knows about. I just love it!

We are truly a blessed family of five. We just cannot wait to meet these two little ones. Continue to keep us in your prayers! We really would like to bring these two babies home from the hospital with us right away... No NICU please!! I also cannot wait to be able to pick Quinton up again. We are realizing that "normal life" as we knew a month ago will never happen again but we anxiously await the arrival of our twins so we can start our new "normal" life and start a new adventure. It is such an exciting time for us! We are looking forward to 3 times the mess and 3 times the faces to clean ribs and cookies off of (we are not planning on starting the twins on ribs and cookies but hopefully they will get there) and we are looking forward to 3 times the joy. Thank you for all your love and support!

No comments: