Saturday, August 24, 2013

How I Grew Up...

This is how I grew up...
 
Toes in the water, butt in the sand. Not a worry in the world, a cold pop in my hand. Life is good today. I think Zac Brown Band said it similar to that.
 
I grew up in the lake. We would walk down a few houses to our neighborhood beach, take our boat out. Living in the land of 10,000 lakes it seemed normal to spend any and every summer day at the beach. I love lake life. I love sitting on a boat, soaking up the sun, tubing, skiing, digging in the sand.
Although we have become more of a pool family, I still have a special place in my heart for lakes so it was really fun to get to share it with my kids the other day.
I think they enjoyed the change of scenery (and the pool is closed already!) and who doesn't like sand in their suit?
Poor Jett was a little miserable for a while because his mother got sunscreen in his eyes...
 Myla was the only on who wanted to be buried in the sand. She's such a good sport! 
 Her brothers thoroughly enjoyed covering her with sand!
 Rexy.
 Myla getting all rinsed off from being buried. She's got her daddy wrapped around her finger.
 It was fun digger rivers and building castles and just keeping cool on a hot day!
 Titan enjoying splashing in the sandy water. These children of mine are not afraid of a little dirt!
 Quinton loves anything having to do with water!
 Loving my three biggest swimmers
I always love family days and this was a memorable one splashing in the water and playing in the sand. Making the most of the last days of summer. Time flies, don't blink. I love these moments!

No comments: