Monday, October 15, 2012

Crazy Pregnancy

Spray paint and a glue gun.
Two things that I never never owned until recently. I am NOT crafty. I'm totally placing complete blame on Wee #5. He is making do crazy things even before he is born. Between my children's love of crafts and my new found love of spray painting and gluing anything I can get my hands on, nothing in this house stands a chance. Wee #5 won't stand a chance, he is sure to be painted on, glued to, and completely decorated. But again, I'm blaming him. I have no idea what's coming over me.

Pinterest has not only allowed me to become crafty with my kids but it has made me believe that I, Yes I, can be crafty as well. Everyone makes everything look so easy and do-able and I'm left with no choice but to try it. I have had some success stories with crafting as well as some failures. I'm still learning that I need to be more patient with spray painting, I tend to get anxious and spray too much too fast. I may or may not have made ruined a few odds and ends around our house. Lucky for me I married a man who never gets upset over me taking chances and screwing up. He was out of town this whole last week and before he left he smiled, hugged me and said, "I wonder what you will have spray painted when I get home?" Gotta love a man who doesn't sweat the small stuff like drips of spray paint and a crafts gone bad.

One of my favorite new creations is this,
My less than $10 craft. I had an old canvas that I didn't like the picture on it. Bought enough fabric to cover it, some self stick letters with my 40% off coupon at hobby lobby, had a little bit of white paint at home and pulled out my hot glue gun. Glued the fabric around the canvas, carefully placed my sticky letters on where I wanted them (pressing down all over each letter to prevent paint getting under them), and carefully painted away several layers of white paint. Let it dry, put a fan on it because I'm terribly impatient when it comes to seeing the final product, and then carefully peeled back the letters.

I was so excited by the final product. Thinking I might just have to try this again with another saying.
 Another easy (for the most part) and inexpensive product was my wreath.
I liked how easy the flowers were. That is what always kept me from trying a wreath before and these were literally circles of fabric cut out and hot glued. Did I mention I really like my glue gun?

I spray painted our Lightening McQueen chairs white and moved my parents old coffee table into my kitchen for my kids table instead of the red Lightening McQueen table. It provides a little more sitting room. Titan likes to pretend that he is a "big kid" and sit at the table with them. Depending on what we are eating I don't always let him sit there but he desperately wants to just be part of the gang and sitting at the big kid table makes him one happy guy. If you notice, whoever sits next to him has to maintain their distance so as not to lose any of their food. He's a sneaky little guy.
The rest of the pictures are all just from my phone camera, capturing a little bit of our life.

This next picture is one of my favorite candid pictures ever. Quite regularly throughout the day I ask Quinton to help entertain Titan. Quinton has become quite the reader, and if he is unsure of the words, quite the story teller, and he LOVES to read to his siblings. The adoration between Titan and Quinton is mutual. It is such a sweet relationship to see and this picture simply captures a little moment between them. Oh it warms my heart.
Probably about two weeks ago I caught this Katydid. A special thank you to Jed Johnson for telling us the name of this bug, we just called it a leaf bug. We were all amazed by this little guy, I even allowed them to bring their bug jar in the house so that he would stay alive for longer. Loved him to death. Kept his amazing little body to share with everyone who stopped by. God's creation is so cool!
Like I mentioned earlier, Dan left last Monday morning before we woke up and spent the week in California at a conference arriving home at bed time on Friday. We had a great week with extra friend time but of course missed our favorite guy a lot! Taking a little picture for Danny.
 Quinton showing off his penmanship writing a letter to Daddy.
The other morning while it was just Rex and I awake we were talking about Wee #5 and Rex looked at me and said, "I think our new baby will have curly hair." Well 3/4 have the crazy curls. We will just have to wait and see what #5's hair will look like, but Titan got the curls.
So there you have it, another week in our crazy house, sharing with you all that I have officially gone crazy. Between running after 4, growing #5, and my new found love of spray paint and my glue gun I'm keeping busy.

It's a good thing that Wee #5 is our last baby. With another pregnancy I might be bitten with the cooking or baking bug and completely ruin my cereal and yogurt for dinner loving children. Oh the joys of carrying a sweet little boy in my belly. 

Highlight that I'm looking forward to this week, Thursday afternoon and evening date with the love of my life. I CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment:

Momma of 4 said...

I love this post! You are becoming quite crafty! I love what Wee #5 is doing to you :) `