Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Crafting with Nana and Papa

When my parents left us last in the beginning of September the plan was not to see them again until Christmas. I however thought that they would not be able to go 4 whole months without seeing their favorite grand-kids. I was correct, they couldn't stay away, and although they only came to see us for a day and a half my kids got their Nana and Papa time and Nana and Papa got their fill of grand-kid time. 
Nana stepped up to the plate and brought some fabulous Halloween crafts that provided lots of entertainment. Spiders and pumpkins, you can't go wrong with crafts around here these days.
 Rex and his spider.
 Myla and her, "scary, scary spider."
 Quinton working hard.
Everyone made two spiders. Papa hung them up over our table. If you look on the sliding doors behind the spiders you will see the pumpkins that they made as well. Oh that Nana, so thoughtful and creative. She talked about crafting at Christmas as well, she better remember that because I know they will. The spiders were the perfect thing for my bug AND craft loving children. Combining two of their favorite things!
 They still love the shadows that they make on the walls at night!
We painted our little pumpkins earlier in the week. Paint and glitter in their underwear, what could be better? We always love a chance to get messy.
Dan's parents grew pumpkins in their garden and we attempted to carve the big one. Our children, however, quickly lost interest, didn't love the gooey inside, and we threw it away only a few days after carving it because it was getting moldy. Maybe in a few years they will enjoy carving their own. They did enjoy bringing it inside and lighting it in the dark. It was, "So scary," according to Myla.
Now I'm fairly certain that we won't be seeing my parents again until Christmas. They are not big fans of the cold weather (I cannot blame them) and they will be coming to visit in January or February when #5 arrives (I hope!). I am so glad that they can't stay away long, we love our Nana and Papa time. We are looking forward to a week in Arkansas for Christmas with Aunt Kelly, Aunt Dana, Uncle Ry, Nana, Papa and my Aunt Mary Ann. Excited for all the holiday festivities!

No comments: