Friday, September 2, 2011

One Month and a Birthday Party

Titan is ONE MONTH OLD!!
I honestly cannot believe that, oh how fast time flies.

On the flip side, I can't even imagine my life without him now and it's hard to remember what having just 3 kids was like, Titan just belongs with us, he fits right in.

I am not aware of any other one month old who is so loved by his siblings. Loved so much that I have to beg them not to touch him and wake him up when he is sleeping, not to try and climb into the swing with him and not to pick him up because they just can't wait to hold him. He seems to have an easy going personality (except in the evenings when he wants to eat constantly) and graciously accepts all the love from his biggest fans.
Speaking of how time flies, my babes will be 2 tomorrow. Despite having Titan as our little baby now, Quinn and I still refer to Rex and Myla as the babes. Saturdays are not good days to celebrate because Dan is preparing for church so we celebrated last night and honored the request of our oldest to be "just our family for Rex and Myla's birthday party."

We totally enjoyed our family time. Delicious chicken, green beans and potatoes on the deck, complete with cupcakes topped with LOTS of sprinkles (thank you Quinn) and some fun presents.
Rex and Myla have never been allowed to blow out a candle before so they were not very fond of the whole idea, it prevented them from diving into their cupcakes, but Quinton embraced his role as the big brother and helped them out!
Our princess
Thank you Betty Crocker for our delicious cupcakes.
If you have not noticed in previous posts, we have become a tattoo wearing family.
I'm not sure how it got started, although Quinn has always been a HUGE fan, but we are currently working on tattoo sleeves. I'm pretty sure that my boys would cover their entire bodies if we would let them. Quinn always says that he wants more "just like Graham" a good friend of ours.
Quinn was my big helper in getting ready for our party and LOVED helping me look online for their presents. I think he was more excited than I was about giving the gifts!Rex showing off his body art
I thought these next three pictures were so cute of our little party girl
Handsome Rexy
Titan didn't want to miss the party
Getting ready to open their presents
They had a VERY difficult time keeping their hands off their gifts until it was time to open.
Oh the excitement!
Rex went firstWe got him some Imaginext toys. It is basically a boys doll house. We got the Batman Batcave. It has little guys you can play with and motorcycles and cars to drive around and trap doors to go through. Very exciting.He seemed pleased!
Once again, he did not want to miss a thing.
Our house tends to be a very exciting place, lots to observe and take in!Myla was next, and Quinn once again was very eager to lend a hand. I'm totally serious when I say that he was SOOOO excited to give them their presents.
Myla got the Loving Family doll house. It comes with a little family and then a kitchen table and chairs so we will have to add some more furniture as time goes on but I'm pretty good at making washcloths into beds.
Both presents will be enjoyed by everyone. They seem to all play with each others toys and enjoy playing together! I'm sure these new birthday toys will get a lot of use this winter but thankfully we are still taking advantage of our hot days. I'm pretty sure that our pool will get used until it snows (I might be adding some hot water) but they just LOVE being in it and LOVE playing together in it.
I think I asked to see their tattoos for this picture... hmmm
I'm totally blessed!

No comments: