Monday, November 15, 2010

Another New Favorite Recipe!

I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from the slow cooker chicken taco soup that I decided to share another new favorite and SUPER EASY recipe. If you haven't figured it out, I LOVE easy, quick, very few ingredients recipes. I'm not quite sure what to call this... maybe rice and bean burrito. It is a vegetarian meal, but my husband LOVES IT. I owe the credit to my friend Laurel Larson (who also introduced me to the bbq chicken pizza). We went to her house a few weeks ago and she told me we were having rice and beans in tortillas... hmmm I was not very optimistic about the sound of that but we left her house stuffed and raving about how good it was.

You start with brown rice... I'm a fan of minute brown rice. I made 8 servings of rice.
After boiling the water, add the brown rice and
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of chili pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Follow rice directions until rice is totally cooked. Then add:
1 can of black beans (UNdrained)
1 can of rotelle tomatoes (undrained) you can pick your spice level of rotelle

Cook another 10 minutes on low to warm everything up.

Get some multigrain tortillas add the rice and beans to it. We like to add guacamole, some sour cream, and cheese.

I promise you will love it!

Quick review, brown rice, spices, black beans, rotelle tomatoes. It's even delicious to eat without the tortilla. Good flavor, good for you!
Easy Easy Easy.

Let me know if you like it!


1 comment:

Carrie Krupke said...

Great recipe idea Meg! I've been getting dinner in under 30 minute recipe ideas from Betty Crocker online. They send out e-mails with really good baking recipes too. Our Bible study loves what Betty has taught me:)