Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It won't be like this for long!

I heard a song by Darius Rucker called, "It won't be like this for long"
It made me think about this past year. I keep this picture on our refrigerator to remind me to be so thankful for my children. It is a good reminder to me that the Lord can carry me through the hard times but also a good reminder to enjoy the happy times. I definitely would not want to have my babies in the hospital for a month again but looking back it was such precious time. I used to go up to the hospital at 5am and cuddle and hold my babies and believe me they do not take the time to cuddle now they are too busy crawling around and getting into anything they can get their hands on. But at the same time I can remind myself that "it won't be like this for long"... I won't have to pick up every book off the book shelf 5 times a day so I should enjoy it and just be thankful that I have three Wee ones to pick up books after!

This picture was taken a few days before they came home!
I can't even remember them that tiny!The nurses dressed them up one night and took this picture!
They are still the best of buds.
I know I have shared this before but I also keep this poem on my fridge. It again is a reminder to enjoy my children. Especially these days with my house a disaster from moving! So enjoy your children, enjoy your day, be thankful for the circumstances that the Lord has put you in whether joyful or difficult because the Lord will use it for good if we let Him. So remember "it won't be like this for long" so get an extra snuggle with your babies!

1 comment:

Carrie Krupke said...

Fill me in Meg! Sounds like you guys were able to sell your house pretty quickly? Good, encouraging information this morning:)