Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Henry and our New House!

We have a new addition to our family!
Dan and Quinn went to the pet store to look around the other day and came home with a green little guy, Henry. Henry is a frog and my boys new favorite entertainment. He is only allowed to come out when Dan is home, I want nothing to do with him. Quinn, Rex and Dan seem to think he is tons of fun. Myla enjoys watching him but preferred to eat her apple a watch rather than getting in the action. I can't blame her!Henry's belly... icky!

Quinn and Henry

Rex reaching into the water to grab Henry!
I'm hoping that Henry don't live long...

Myla keeping her distance

We went to the zoo today and it was the first time that Rex and Myla really enjoyed looking at all the animals. They made their barking noise at each one! Kind of funny. But I was so glad that they enjoyed watching the animals.

My three wee ones

Here are some pictures of our awesome new house! I only took pictures of the main floor because all of my babies are sleeping (and until this moment I forgot to even think about taking pictures of the downstairs)! More pictures to come of the upstairs and downstairs! It is pretty amazing because when all is said and done with the MUCH lower interest rates we only pay $24 more a month to live in a MUCH larger house.
HOW AWESOME!

Since we now have two living room areas we put our old living room furniture in the basement and we were fortunate enough to get new living room furniture (the leather chair we already had) but we got new couches and an awesome new ottoman with 4 DRAWERS in it so that we don't have toys all throughout our living room! I LOVE IT!

Our dining room.... it is carpeted so we have to be careful with our wee ones. They eat most of their meals in "high chair row" which you will see soon!

We still need to get our pictures hung but other than that most things are in their place!
You can see where our front door is and then where the stairs are. Down that hall on the right is a half bath and our laundry room and then into the kitchen.Our LARGE and awesome kitchen.
I have so many cabinets I don't even know what to do... ok well I have filled them all but I was so excited to have so much space!

It is funny because our first house had the tin back-splash and now our new house does too.

"High Chair Row"
The hope is to put a counter top there and some bar stools eventually! That way my kids can eat some meals there as they get older. Door to the garage.

More space.
The left entry way leads to the table and the right leads to the bathroom and laundry room.

CHECK THIS OUT!
HUGE and open and awesome! We LOVE it! We are keeping our eyes open for a swing-set.

Again, our large backyard.

Our enormous deck! We have eaten many many meals on it and hosted friends! We have gotten TONS of use out of this deck already and don't plan on stopping, well, the snow might stop us but we are not planning on that for a while.

One of my dad's projects while he was here was building a gate for our deck (on the left). It has been so great. I am able to let my kids play out there while I make dinner and I can see them through the window but they can't get off the deck. They LOVE being out there. I think that it is Quinn's favorite "room" in our house!

This is Rex and Myla's Birthday present.
Nana and Papa gave them a kitchen and some play food. Dan and I have eaten many delicious meals made in this kitchen! Rex and Myla have not quite grasped the idea of cooking things but they enjoy eating the play food!
Well, I think that it can go without saying that we love our new house, but more than that, we LOVE the people in it. It seems like it is always filled with love and lots of people. We are truly a blessed family of five!

No comments: