Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Fearless Boy!

Quinton is fearless!
He has charmed snakes, climbed by himself to the highest slide in the park, tackled bird baths full of mud, totally fearless!

A friend of ours breeds snakes. Dan and Quinton have gone over to visit them many times but this time Aaron brought over three baby snakes over to our house for a visit. I was a little hesitant to have them at my house to first but Quinn helped me warm up to them right away. He grabbed one right out of the box without even thinking twice. They are not poisonous snakes, in case you were thinking what an irresponsible mother I am! He held them for about an hour and a half, just walking around, scaring the girls that were at our house, impressing the boys that were over, just hanging out with the snakes. I even held one. They are incredibly soft animals. I was impressed by my own braveness!!

Dan and Quinn having a manly moment with the snakes!

Aaron is sitting behind Quinn, keeping an eye on his little snakes.
Look at how happy this little boy is!
Quinn's friend Keira was over and was excited about the snakes too!
A cute little face on Keira

Quinton didn't even want to put the snake down for a drink, as you can see, the snake is just hanging out while Quinn takes a drink.

I even let the snakes into the house with careful supervision!

It is amazing how quickly Quinn has grown up and become so independent. He amazes me daily with all the new things he is doing, the way that he problem solves, although sometimes that means creative ways of reaching things that he wants which means that I can't turn my back on him!
We went to the park the other night with some friends and once again, Quinn proved that he is fearless. He climbed without any help to the tallest slide and didn't hesitate but slid right down!Myla was at the bottom to meet him!

Check out that big slide

What a great smile!

Fearless!Hung out with some friends the other day. Our boys were fearless when it came to getting dirty. Leighton, Malachi and Quinn got covered with mud and water. It is funny how a little dirt and water doesn't matter when your two!

Quinn getting splattered in the face

Check out my muddy boy

Quinton and Rex trying on some sunglasses
Myla and Rex playing togetherThe babies are doing great! I keep forgetting to tell you all...
REX IS CRAWLING!!!
and Myla is very close! It is amazing how quickly my mind has to keep going to keep up with all of these kids! Rex is thoroughly enjoying his freedom and Quinton has resorted back to crawling around the house to be like Rex. It is funny though if he is trying to come after me and to keep going from room to room he finally gets frustrated and sits down and cries... funny little boy. I can't wait for Myla to do the same. It's fun to watch how they are both good at different things. Myla is a lot more stable on her feet but is not crawling yet. They sure are the sweetest babies

Myla reaching for the camera

A little pool playing

On this particular day, Rex was the only one brave enough to get in.

Quinton LOVED the parade on the 4th of July. He was in awe of the fire trucks, motorcycles, candy. It was an exciting experience.
I will have to post videos of my moving babies soon! Life has just been too busy charming snakes, going to parks, getting dirty. Anyone think we should get a snake for my brave wee one??

2 comments:

Christy said...

eeeewwwww. I hate snakes.

Cammeo said...

Meg!!! Your family is beautiful! So fun to read about your kids and your life as a mom! Seems you have truly been blessed with 3 precious little ones! Blessings to you my friend!