Friday, July 16, 2010

H2O


My children are becoming water babies. We went to the park/pool this morning at 9:30 packed a lunch and played all morning got home after 12:45. By the time we got home and changed my children all passed out... literally, Quinn was asleep on the couch before I finished changing the babies diapers.

We had a blast this morning at the pool. We met our typical group of Friday moms at the splash pool and park today. Quinn enjoyed the playground for a few minutes and then it was pool time.
I am so excited that he is becoming more and more comfortable in the water. He ventured out to the middle ( about one foot deep) but did it all on his own. It was fun to watch him and Leighton get deeper and deeper in the water together.

This particular park provides all the toys which is nice because there are so many kids and if you bring any toys they get lost. So Quinn is trying out a floating fish here!

Myla decided to not take a morning nap at the pool. There was just too much going on for her to sleep! So by the end she was ready to go!

Rex took a nap but this was his I just woke up face...What cute babies!

Getting more and more comfortable

throwing ball in the water with Leighton

Getting ready for some lunch

Rex sleepingI have been getting some constant nagging for a video of Rex crawling. So here you go... Sorry it's not more exciting. I will work on that this weekend. Myla is getting so so close too.

More baby news, Rex now has 6 teeth and Myla still none. Funny how different things happen at different times. They have switched roles too in that Rex totally prefers me at the moment and Myla will go with anyone. It is fun how different they are. But I sure do love being around them. They are truly wonderful and such happy babies (as long as they get a good nap in)

More H2O. My children love the bath. They switch places, go on their bellies, splash, try and stand up, and just enjoy each other. I am pretty much constantly sitting Rex down again and again and again but it is still fun to have them all having fun.

Myla and Rex LOVE Quinton. Pretty much no matter what he does they smile and think he is the coolest big brother ever!! I mean can you blame them... he is pretty great!

Rex doing one of his many attempts to stand up.

He is talented and can even stand up with a fish in his mouth

She is just stunning and she's mine!

Three in the tub

Quinn helped me to do Rex' hair in a mohawk but requested no mohawk for himself.

Getting braver in the bathtub

After the bath I attempted another three in a row in their diapers picture. My idea was quickly over and I don't think that I will get another picture like that for a little while. Rex and Myla are much to into moving these days to sit still for a picture like that!
Goofy

Beautiful eyes

I am becoming quite the fort master! I even added a door to the fort. It is very helpful for the babies because they like to be able to see what's going on.

We went to the zoo with Dan on Tuesday. It was fun to have an extra pair of hands so that Quinn could look closer and do a little more than when I am by myself. Quinn was excited to show daddy all the animals. I sure do love our Tuesdays. It is always so wonderful to have a fun day together as a family. Look at my boys!

Quinn touching some sort of lizard, snake thing.... hmmm

Not only are my babies now on the move, but we are hopefully on the move. We put our house up for sale last week. We have been praying about it since the babies were born and with the interest rates so low and the fact that we filled up our house a little quicker than planned we thought that this was a good time to get into a house with a little more growing and moving room. We are hoping for a quick sell, although we are very aware that that is usually not the case. It is just quite a job trying to keep a house clean with my wee ones. We love our house, we LOVE our deck but thought that this was a good time to test the waters. So if anyone is looking for a new house in Des Moines let us know :)

No comments: