Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Three Amigos!

I love being the mom of my three Wee Rudes.
There is always something exciting going on. Rex has begun to clap (Myla has been clapping for a little while) so we ALWAYS have some sort of music on, whether its a CD, Dan or I singing or Quinn making up one of his fabulous new songs! Quinn remembers songs SO well! Dan and I went on a date last night and we came home to our friends Yvonne and her son Noah, Mary and Courtney singing songs to our kids and all morning Quinn has been singing, I would have joined in but I still am not sure what songs they were teaching him! And the whole time my sweet babies are clapping along! What a fun stage!

The other day I lined them all up for a picture! I have a feeling that as they get older they will be great friends. They are my three amigos!I love looking at the difference in sizes!

Quinn got his first scooter the other day and I don't think that it has left his side since then! He has been scootering day and night! When we can't be outside on the scooter he is allowed to bring it inside and he goes around the kitchen table and into the kitchen. The funniest thing is that he will scooter over to me and say "Hi Mom" and as he scooters away from me and says "Bye mom, see you later" then scooters around the table for a while and comes back and says to me, "missed you mom!" I love the funny sweet moments that happen around my house!
He is pretty talented on his scooter. As he gets going faster we will need to get this boy a helmet!

We get to put treasures into his little scooter backpack!

Quinn loves to do everything by himself these days! He is very independent and decided to learn how to take pictures to help mommy, of course! So here is his first picture!

Something new that Quinn is doing is telling me to be "loud or soft" when we are riding in the car he will tell me to turn the music loud of soft, while reading books or singing songs he will tell me "loud mommy" or "soft mommy." It's always so funny the things that they latch onto!

Check out my flowers growing! Is my thumb turning green??

Last Friday marked the end of Mission to the City! There was a big outdoor concert. The mommy group gathered in the back! It was a great concert and perfect weather and the message of the gospel got to be heard by almost two thousand people! A wonderful evening!

Carla, Myself, Christy and Yvonne

Check out the crowd!

It looked pretty cool as the sun went down!

Quinn and his friends enjoyed playing in the dirt by where we were sitting! If the amount of dirt in his hair, on his face, in his diaper, in his shoes, stuffed in his pockets was any indication of how much fun he had, the he had a BLAST!
A quick thought about being a mom of a two year old...
When trying to make cleaning fun don't make a bigger mess for yourself... although sometimes it's inevitable! When Quinn does the dishes for me, usually more water goes on the floor and all over him than what goes to actually washing the dishes. While folding the laundry this usually end up messier than I started. It is just part of the joy of having a two year old... I can't even imagine the mess of "cleaning" with two two year olds... just something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Momma Megan said...

LOVE the picture of the 3 kids together! Too cute!