Friday, June 18, 2010

Three Troopers!


My children are amazing travelers!
Over the course of a week we went to Madison, Chicago, back to Madison, to Des Moines, to Omaha and back to Des Moines!
Last Thursday I packed up my three Wee Ones and hit the road by myself with the three of them on our way to Madison! We arrived in time for dinner with Aunt Kelly! Quinton kept Aunt Kelly VERY busy. They played frisbee, baseball, soccer, guitar, read books, watched the scary dog in the movie the Sandlot (Quinton loved the scary dog) and went to the zoo!

Friday we enjoyed seeing the animals at the Madison zoo!

Myla and Rex enjoyed sitting more upright in their stroller to see the sights.

We had to take a picture of the rhino. We don't have these at our zoo... they are huge animals!

Quinton once again enjoyed feeding the goats! I think that the highlight of the zoo trip was riding on the train at the zoo. Quinn and I road around on the train in the blue car. Aunt Kelly captured the pictures... I'll try and post one soon!

Quinn riding on the big turtle!

Saturday was my cousin TJ's wedding in Chicago. A fun time to see family. I had not seen most of my Aunt's, Uncle's and cousin's since Dana and Ryan's wedding over two years ago so it was wonderful to catch up and see everyone! Sunday we went to my Uncle Tim and Aunt Roberta's house for a BBQ. Again, it was wonderful to see everyone and to share my kids with them!

A father/daughter picture!
Can you tell where I get my blue eyes?

Myla eating a roll in her pretty dress (thank you Ashley Garrison!)

Rex enjoying a roll with Mom!

My cousin Beth and sister Dana

Uncle Ryan holding Miss Myla

Kelly, Ry and Myla

Quinton kept his best bud Papa busy.
Here they were on the ground looking for bugs... a favorite past-time of Quinton's lately

The Rude Girls

Nana and Myla
Papa, Nana and Rex
(not sure how to make these pics bigger...)
Rex partied too hard and fell asleep on the chairs! Worn out from all the travel!

After traveling to see family we swung back to Des Moines picked up Dan and were off to a conference in Omaha! It was a great conference. Always fun to see friends that live far away!

My kids all enjoying goldfish on the hotel bed!
There were some fun fountains near our hotel. All three of them enjoyed splashing around and getting their feet wet!

Quinn and Dan touching the water!

Rex being a fabulous traveler!
Myla and her dimples!

There are lots of Buffalo around downtown Omaha...

My babies were fabulous at sleeping anywhere and everywhere on this week long adventure. They camped out on the floor of the hotel room. They both move around so much, especially Rex. I found him many times 4 or 5 feet away from his pillow... I guess that is why they have cribs!Well, we are back home in Des Moines. We all have adjusted once again to sleeping in our beds and cribs and are enjoying a little less car time! I was inspired by my Aunt Chris to get rid of Quinn's pacifier (or as he calls it his Wa Wa, I'm not sure where he got that). So when we got back from Omaha yesterday Quinton got the honors of cutting the nipples off of his pacifiers and we threw them in the garbage for the garbage man to pick up. I have been dreading this day for a LONG time. Quinton loves his Wa Wa's, they are very much a comfort thing. But much to my surprise he is doing AMAZING. A little fussing before nap and bedtime but overall much less painful than I imagined. Every once in a while he will remind me that the garbage man has his Wa Wa's now! An exciting step in our house... just a reminder to me though how fast he is growing up!

My three troopers getting clean in the tub!

We love Des Moines but sure enjoyed our traveling!

1 comment:

Momma Megan said...

What an adventure!
Thanks for sharing these pics of your sweet wee ones!