Friday, May 28, 2010

A Day at the Zoo

I love summer.
I love the sunshine, the long days, the water, the dirty feet, the sweaty, smelly kids, the smell of sunscreen, the flowers, the popsicles, the long walks, and the ZOO!!

We bought a season pass to the zoo this year along with a couple of other friends. We enjoyed our first trip with Christy, Leighton and McCabe. It was a fabulous day with friends!

Quinn checking out the monkeys
Quinn checking out the sea otters

The boys liked the HUGE turtles (not exactly sure what the were) we just called them HUGE turtles. I seriously could not believe how big they were!
The Blank Park Zoo is pretty small but just the right size for a two year old. Quinn and Leighton enjoyed all the animals but I think their favorite was the sea lions when they were being fed. They jumped and splashed and kept the boys entertained! Last night after dinner Quinn kept talking about the sea lions so we looked up some YouTube videos about sea lion shows and ended up watching Shamu at Sea World for about ten minutes! He was fascinated!

Quinn could not wait to tell Daddy about how tall the giraffes were! We got to get pretty close to some of them!

Quinton just LOVES animals. He is fearless. He wanted to swim with the sea lions and pet the tiger, although neither of those were possible, he did enjoy feeding the goats! Without even hesitating stuck his hand right up there to feed them.

Leighton was a little more timid but Quinn encouraged him to keep trying!

Next time I need to bring more quarters!The boys enjoying looking on from their strollers!

Today after our morning play date with friends we came home and filled up the pool a few inches and they all jumped in with their clothes on. Lets just say each of their diapers weighed more than they did! We thoroughly enjoy our new deck and our pool (thank you Aunt Amber) fits perfectly on it! I think that it will get tons of use! I always love activities where all three of my kids are in one place and all happy!





Just a couple of pictures of my sweet twins!

My sweet handsome youngest!

I keep Myla's ear piercing cleaner in the diaper basket in the living room so I don't forget to clean them and yesterday I was making lunch and came in the room to see Quinn "helping" me. He decided that Myla's earrings needed cleaning so he took it upon himself to "Help Mommy." What a sweet helpful older brother!


Since the babies Bumbo chairs are also their high chairs we bought some trays for them so now I can put puffs or snacks on the trays for them to learn to feed themselves! Bumbo chairs are a pretty neat and very helpful thing! Plus they happen to be Viking's colors... I think that it is a sign of who they will be cheering for in the fall...Don't tell Dan!

I love Rex' smile! It can always make me happy!


The Rude family is doing great! Summer is treating us well. We are looking forward to many more sunny days and trips to the Zoo!



No comments: