Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sisters


Sisters, sisters
There were never such devoted sisters....

My sweet sisters (and brother in law) came to visit over labor day. With all three of us living in different states and all three of us with extremely busy lives, seeing each other happens far less than we would like. So when they called and said they were both coming over labor day I was thrilled, and so were their five littlest fans.

Aunt Kelly is always a hit. She brings face paint, sour gummy worms, a great imagination and is ready to play!
Aunt Dana and Uncle Ry are favorites too. Ready to wrestle, play doll house, read books, they are ready for action.
The weekend was filled with celebrating the twins birthday, eating cinnamon rolls, biking (and sweating) to the park, face painting, ordering PF Changs for dinner, going to Caribou and lots of playing!
There is something sweet about spending time with my sisters. It's always fun to sit and talk through life with two people who I have spent my whole like with and although we have spent the last decade in different states no one knows you like a sibling.
I am very excited to have a new niece or nephew on the way. Dana and Ryan are due January 2. They are going to be surprised about the gender. It has been fun to start giving them some of our baby stuff that Jett doesn't use anymore.

It was a little sad for me as they packed our baby swing in their car. Five of my babies have rocked for hundreds of hours in that swing. I can picture each one of them all snuggled in the swing. It brings tears to my eyes even now. Jett no longer enjoyed being strapped down in the swing so we passed it on with the hope that baby Bohlen can enjoy many hours swinging.
We made cinnamon rolls and sang to Rex and Myla Saturday morning.
 
 
And they didn't disappoint with their birthday presents, Barbies and legos, both were a big success!
A wonderful weekend together. We are not sure when we will all be together again. Dana and Ryan won't be in Arkansas for Christmas since their little baby will be arriving around that time and although I'm sure we will head to Minnesota we probably won't all be together again for a while. I'm so thankful that we were all able to be together and enjoy the weekend! So blessed to have such wonderful sisters and my children are so blessed to have them in their lives! 

No comments: