Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fearless

I live with four adventurous children.
Four children who like to climb high, jump far, run fast, wrestle hard, flip, and let's be honest, sometimes flop through life. As their mother I battle between knowing how to protect them and yet let them skin their knees, learn their limits, challenge themselves and learn to be tough.
I have learned though, that my children are pretty good about knowing what they can and cannot do. That doesn't mean that I don't have to occasionally rescue them from a tough spot, but I am amazed as to how, if given the opportunity, they can do far more than I would have thought.

It's pretty cool to see how at different times my children rise to the challenge in front of them. I love watching them figure out things on their own. One of the phrases out of Titan's mouth on a regular basis is, "I do it Mom!" Since more often than not I'm holding someone in my arms, my children are probably forced to learn to do things on their own.
 
Quinton can't seem to go fast enough on his bike or scooter. To him a hill just means an opportunity to go faster, a curb is basically a jump to conquer and riding through the grass is just the coolest thing ever. Quinn is not a typical first born when it comes to being cautious. He was born for speed and action.  
I'm sure this doesn't surprise any of you if you're read anything about my Titan but for the last few months if he's thirsty he will slide over a chair to the counter, climb up, grab a cup, climb down and go fill it himself, keep in mind he just turned two! He can figure out a way to get just about whatever he wants. He's a strong willed child and I love that about him.  

You will notice the bump on his head. That bump looks like nothing compared to what he got this week. 10x worse on his head and face (pictures to come). He plays hard, falls hard! 
 
I'm assuming that someday soon four monkeys will turn into five. Jett is well on his way to moving.
 Love their adventurous side!
Hoping we can continue the good streak of minor injuries! Can't wait to see all the mountains they climb in the future.

No comments: