Sunday, January 2, 2011

Exciting News!

I'm embarrassed as to how long it has been since I last posted an update for you all, but in my defense I have a VERY GOOD EXCUSE!

I have been spending my free time NAPPING! I'm taking on the exhausting (but very rewarding) job of growing

WEE RUDE #4

Yes, We are expecting our fourth blessing. We are thrilled and truly thankful to be having another child. I am due around August 8th, I believe, making me almost 9 weeks along. My first appointment is not until Monday the 10th so I am anxiously awaiting hearing the heartbeat and making sure everything looks good.

The funny thing about this baby is that it refuses to be forgotten throughout the day. You might be asking yourself how it does that.... by making me throw up, nauseous and exhausted all day. I think that this child is wanting to make their presence known in our busy household!

Another funny thing so far in my pregnancy is that I have had cravings for very particular things and then I am repulsed by very particular things, and let me tell you, I could crave something one moment and an hour later the smell of it makes me sick. Such a funny thing to think about. I don't remember ever having cravings with my other children and it is not a I need this right now but more a that sounds delicious or that sounds terrible.

Dan has been amazing through all the nauseous mornings and nights and my kids have been bearing with me as well. I am praying that all the morning sickness and exhaustion go away in the next few weeks. With my other pregnancy (although I never threw up) the exhaustion left right around 12 or 13 weeks. We are quite convinced that it is one sassy girl that we are having due to the sickness and crazy cravings. We would be thrilled regardless! I have had other people mention that they think it is twins again because I have been so sick. The chances of having twins a second time increases after having twins once but it seems too crazy to think about. Whatever happens we are pretty good at rolling with the punches and making the most of what the Lord gives us.

We would ask that you be praying for a healthy little baby, an end in the morning sickness, a safe and easy pregnancy and NO BED-REST. It is hard to not let my mind go to the possibility of that but I KNOW THAT GOD IS GOOD and HIS PLAN IS PERFECT and I just need to lean on Him and trust Him.

We are extremely excited, feeling beyond blessed and truly thankful for the blessing of children.

The other day when talking about the baby I told Quinn that mommies belly would get bigger as the baby was growing. He looked at me and said, "it will keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger" (probably 6 or 7 times). All I could do was smile, yes, I thought my belly will be getting bigger, Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Momma Megan said...

This is such an exciting announcement! What a blessing your 4th wee one will be! I will be praying for you & baby and health and the rest of your sweet family.

YLIMA said...

I cannot wait to meet wee #4! Your whole family is such a blessing! Please let me know what I can do :)