Monday, August 2, 2010

Lots to Share!

We enjoyed a wonderful family evening the other night. Dinner out and then a stroll around the "lake" according to Quinn. We brought bread to feed the ducks and fish, saw a frog, lots of people, live music was going on but the best part of the night was jumping off the huge rocks.

Probably one of the most common questions around our house lately is, "Mommy, can i jump off somethin?" You may be asking yourself jump off what? At least that is what I ask Quinn, in which he responds, "I don't know, jump off somethin!" So whenever we can we go to the park or find a big rock or sometimes I resort to pulling a kitchen chair over to the rug so he can jump off something. I'm not sure where his jumping desire came from but he definitely is fearless when it comes to jumping, sometimes probably too fearless.

He is also very into thumbs up. So here he is. Ready to jump with a double thumbs up!
Life is good!
The big jump that was probably repeated 25 times before Dan and I dragged him away!
Showing off his muscles before a big jump!
I think that this is Rex' get me out of the stroller look!
Quinn did really enjoy feeding the ducks and the fish!

Another thumbs of for having fun with Daddy.
It was a fun family night. I always enjoy being just the five of us outside enjoying life together! I am truly thankful for my amazing family!

Bath time is always a fun and interesting time in our house lately. I have resorted to giving Rex and Myla a pretzel stick to keep them sitting in the tub. It keeps them sitting down for a little while.

I wanted to stretch out Quinton's curls to see just how long they really were. He was not too excited about that!
Rex always has something in his mouth. Even when he is crawling around he will put a toy in there and crawl right along. It is just kind of a funny thing that he does!Bath time is always an adventure. The next two pictures were taken moments apart. It is just an example of how quickly things can go from fun to well, not so fun!Get me out of here my brothers are splashing me!

Quinn needed to get as close to Rex and Myla as possible!

We went to Hannah McGargill's 2nd Birthday party the other day. It was a great time to hang out with friends and Quinn enjoyed the pinata. None of the kids could break it so Hannah's dad Joe took one swing and busted it open. Lots of candy for everyone!
Rex enjoyed Hannah's motorcycle
We met friends at the splash pool/park again last week. It was become a favorite place for children and moms! Quinn still loves the park more than the pool but he is getting braver and braver!

Quinn and Eliza playing together

Our friend Kate joined us for play time. She taught Quinn how to go down the fire pole. Quinn didn't understand the concept of wrapping his legs around. He just wanted to jump off!
Brave little boy
Not sure what his plan was when he got to the top. Thank goodness for mommy
Christy, McCabe, Myla and Kate
He was even splashing around...
and sitting in the water!

Ok, so maybe this next picture is not totally true, but I'm pretty sure that Quinton LOVES fishing! I was just having fun with chalk while he was casting and then I would have to untangle the fishing line. In case you were wondering, kids fishing poles have the worst fishing line EVER on them. It tangles even when you cast it two feet. Oh well, it is fun time anyway!
Oh how I love his hair
Casting
We seem to catch the same little green fish every time...
We enjoyed an outing to the Bass Pro Shop the other day to look at the fish for some inspiration. Quinn loved the big fish tank. I however thought that every fish in the tank was the ugliest thing I had ever seen!

Rex continues to be so sweet. He has learned a new move and pulls Myla down from behind by her shirt collar when she has something that he wants. Oh how fun they are
Myla finally has her first tooth. It poked through the other day. I was excited to know that there are some teeth in her mouth! My kids seem to be pretty good teethers... I don't even know they are teething until I stick my finger in there a feel a tooth. I am truly thankful for that!

Quinn holding Josiah McGargill. The McGargill's are good friends of ours and Quinn always asks to hold Josiah. It's kind of funny because he never asks to hold any other babies. I guess Josiah is his little buddy!

Quinn in one of his "forts." I'm not sure you can understand until you are actually with Quinn but EVERYTHING becomes a fort. The other day Dan and I were holding Quinn in between us and he said, " look I in mommy and daddy fort" Oh his imagination is wonderful!
We are in need of a second high chair. Both babies enjoy pushing their trays off and moving around in their Bumbos. Can't take your eyes off of them!
We enjoyed a bible study hang out the other night and Quinn and Leighton enjoyed running around outside. They are both covered in sweat! Taking a sucker and water break! Fun little boys.
Life is busy but oh so fun. Sorry that this post has so many pictures. A lot happens every week. I hope you enjoy a little glimpse into how fun my life is every day!

1 comment:

Felicia Miedema said...

Meg, I so enjoy seeing your family grow via your blog. Keep it up! I wish I could see you and Dan more, but this is a great way to see these beautiful children and know how we can pray for you.

Felicia Miedema