Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cheers to Firsts...

Cheers to the first popsicle of the season, the first ice cream of the season, the first black eye from a big brother, the first wedding of the season, the first bloody nose of the year, the first worm holding, the first brother tackling,

Quinn is on a "Cheers" kick these days. We cheers everything, cups, bikes, toys, chairs, practically anything that you can bump together gets a "cheers" these days... I am not quite sure where he picked that up, but I am guess it is from Nana and Papa, they do a cheers every night! The other night our dinner guests had no rest, constant "cheers-ing" was required by Quinn!

I am always amazed how fascinated people are by twins, well it's either the twins or my really amazing stroller, I think some people have never seen a triple stroller before! But seriously, everywhere we go people oooo and ahhh over them. I had some women corner me in a parking lot the other day while I was putting everyone back in the car. They told me all about how their niece was expecting twins and kept asking for advice. Kids are always a fabulous conversation starter and the twins/my incredible stroller seem to strike up conversations left and right!

My Sweet Twins!
I am amazed by my twins too. They are sitting and laughing, eating and making a huge mess, they are enjoying their brother, funny little babies! Our good friends Joe and Jill McGargill just had their second child Josiah John yesterday. He was born at 32 weeks and weighed 3 lbs 3 oz. He is in the NICU so you can all keep him in your prayers. We are excited for their family and anxious to meet Josiah! But looking at pictures of Josiah remind of of how little Rex and Myla started out and how amazing they are doing now! We have only the Lord to thank for their incredible progress! He had an amazing plan for our babies and we are excited to see His plan for little Josiah!

Myla sporting some of Quinton's old PJs (Rex was too big to wear them!)
Quinn and Rex having their first wrestling match!

Quinton trying to help Myla...

We have been enjoying many summer activities and clothes even though it is only April. I kind of jumped the gun on getting summer clothes out but we have had some actually HOT days so we have enjoyed the tank tops and shorts, popsicles and ice cream! We have an ice cream place near by that we walk to and enjoy a treat at during the summer.
Quinn seems to have dirt in his ears, in his diaper, in his nails, in his hair and the babies seem to always be finding new places to hide their rice cereal and green beans, and of course we all enjoy a popsicle and ice cream cone... and that means many many many more baths!!

My three clean amigos!

My Manly Men!
Brothers enjoying their first Manly Moment together!
Quinton was helping Rex "get ready" for the day. Rex was enjoying the pink bouncer while Quinn curled his hair!

Quinn got his second bloody nose the other day... first one of the year! Dan put some sympathy kleenex up his nose for support!

We went to our first wedding of the Spring season the other day. I think that we have 18 weddings over the next 6 months with Dan officiating 12 of them... a busy season of life!

Quinton LOVES his Uncle Jason. Jason and Quinn had a fun time playing together at the wedding!


People often say that Rex looks like Jason...Any thoughts?Quinton enjoyed the rolls at the wedding!

Big news for me... I am officially finished pumping! I pumped for over 7 months and praise the Lord the babies got 7 months of breast milk (or as all the nurses at the doctors office call it, "pure gold"). I cannot tell you how freeing it is to get up and go and not have to worry about it. I am so thankful though that I was able to feed them for so long but it is so nice to take a little water and a little powder and be done! I

The babies love the outdoors!




Quinton continues to keep us laughing! A couple of weeks ago he tripped and I said, "careful dude!" Well he thought that was hysterical so it has become a common phrase around our house. The funny part is that the other day I tripped and Quinn looked at me and said, "careful dude!" And any time he falls or trips he usually beats me to the punch and says, "careful dude" to himselfQuinn also enjoys counting these days. He tries to count garbage trucks, bugs, gummy worms. He can now count to ten but seems to have a dislike for the number seven. Even when was ask him to specifically say seven, he says, "eight, nine, ten!" Funny little boy!

Another funny Quinn moment... The other day I had put Quinton's play guitars in front of Rex and Myla so they could push the buttons and play with them. Quinn was very anxious to get them back but it is good practice for sharing. I went in the kitchen to get something and Quinn walked in with the guitar I had given Rex, but right away he said, "Rex wipes, mommy, Rex wipes" I went in the living room to find that he had given Rex the box of baby wipes to play with in place of the guitar... fair trade?? Someday soon Quinn will have to do more than give the babies a box of wipes to play with when he wants something they have...

We enjoyed our first popsicle of the season!

i
Rex got his first black eye from his big brother the other day... actually he just happened to be laying under the guitar when Quinn dropped it on accident. I am sure it is the first of many bumps and bruises these brothers will give each other!

Our house is full of giggles and funny words! Enjoy...



Rex doing a little jumping!Myla doing a little playing!


The babies have learned to hold their own bottles. A helpful little skill when life gets busy! I just think they look so grown up!



April Showers bring... WORMS!

Quinn enjoys holding them... brave little boy!
My life consists of "Top Rack Only" dishes these days. For those of you that are not aware, plastic dishes are supposed to be put on the top rack in your dishwasher. With the babies eating more these days, the top rack of my dishwasher is filled with cups, bowls, sippy cups... it is amazing how quickly the top rack fills up!


Life is busy busy busy. I am convinced that wrinkle free dress shirts for men were invented for people like me, besides the fact that I hate ironing, it seems like a time saver! I am all in favor of time saving things these days!

Sorry this was so incredibly long... Lots to share!

Cheers to the many firsts and the seconds and thirds to come!

3 comments:

Samantha Karaidos said...

hey meg! i enjoy reading this since i don't get to see you very much.

how do you put your videos up? with the new way to add pics and videos it won't load and i don't know if i'm doing it wrong or what!

cornellgj said...

Meg - love reading your updates on all your kiddos! It's amazing how fast time flies...we're closing in on celebrating the girls' 1st birthday in a week. I, too, think it's funny how much attention twins get. Everyone has a twin story to share when we're out and about. And I always get, "I bet you have your hands full!" And I always say, "I do, but I love every minute!" :)

Grace Wieman said...

Beautiful pictures! Wonderful family! Fun fun fun!