Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Growing, We Do It Every Day!

"Growing, we do it every day. We're growing when we're sleeping and even when we play. Each day we grow a little taller we can do more things because I'm growing and so are you!"

These are words to a Barney Song that I learned over 12 years ago while babysitting. Many of the Barney songs that I learned so long ago have come in handy while I am feeding the twins. Quinton is the dancer and I am on vocals (I'm sure glad that no one listens besides my family). But really, I feel like the words to this song apply to my kids. Every day Quinton can reach more things, do more things, say more things. He has more words that I can count now and communicates better and better each day. And Rex and Myla get bigger and hungrier and cuter every day.

Rex looking dangerously handsome!
Miss Myla
Myla Jane
Rex Michael
Rex and Myla's personalities continue to emerge. It is so fun to see how different they are. I cannot believe that they are already two months old. Exciting, but oh my goodness how time is flying! Quinton continues to enjoy them more each day and almost every time we go to get him out of his crib in the morning or after his nap, the first thing he asks for is the babies.
He warms my heart!
Some of Quinn's new favorite words are Guitar and Board(which stands for skate board). He has become quite fascinated by our neighbor boys skate board and anything with wheels on it in our house has now become a "board", much to my dismay. Due to the two newest loves in my life I cannot constantly have my eyes on Quinn so whenever I am not looking he climbs onto one of his bigger cars to attempt to skate board. You would think that the bloody lip that he got from "skate boarding" would have stopped him but he is just to excited by skate boarding to be stopped by a little blood.

Quinn has also become quite the jumper too. He has not quite mastered getting both feet off the ground at the same time but he gets a A for effort and practices often!
Enjoying the beautiful day with Quinton!
It is so much fun to see Quinton's memory growing. The boy seems to remember everything! We talk about his little friends and his face lights up, we talk about baking with Aunt Kelly and he runs to the kitchen and of course anything to do with Nana and Papa sends him over the moon!

Trying on Dad's shoes!
Looking at a lady bug on a stick while exploring outside!
Don't you just want to snuggle with them all day?

Life continues to be busy, although I think that word is an understatement. It's more often than not that we are all up and ready to go by 9, it's best if I just get up and going. I even ventured out to church Sunday morning by myself (Dan had to be there early) with all three kids. It was fun to look in my rear view mirror of my stylish mini van and see my three little kids in the back. I have a feeling that I won't be running errands with all three of them any time soon but an occasional outting with all three is good for everyone!
We are so in love with all of our children and so thankful that they are all doing well and of course GROWING!

I decided to use my early morning feeding time with Rex and Myla to update all of you!

No comments: