Sunday, October 25, 2009

Warming Up!

We are successfully making it through one busy day at a time! I think that everyone is getting into a good routine and Quinton is even warming up to the idea of having Rex and Myla around all the time! Although feeding times for Rex and Myla are a little long and hard for Quinn he is a good sport. Today he even held a bottle for Rex and even asked to hold them multiple times. I was shocked but very excited to see that he is trying to help. I think that Rex and Myla are going to be pretty tough because some of Quinton's "help", although good hearted, can sometimes be a little rougher than mine or Dan's, but I am so happy that he wants to help and seems to like them.

Our 3 Beautiful Children!Quinton is warming up to them!
Doing a little tummy time with Rex!
Not to sure that Rex is comfortable but he is being a great sport while Quinn holds him!
Rex and Myla are doing great! Rex is weighing in at a huge 9 lbs 8 oz and Myla at a petite 6lbs. They are eating like crazy!! I am having a hard time keeping up with them. We are enjoying more and more awake time and are so excited as we see more and more facial expressions. They are pretty sweet and such good babies!

A little tummy time snooze together!
I don't know if it gets much cuter than this!
Check out their size difference!
We have been trying ANYTHING to get Quinton to take a bath. I even got creative and thought that his love of washing dishes in the sink might transfer over into loving to take a bath in the sink. However, I was never able to get him to sit down. But my friend Ashley suggested to try his little baby tub again and it worked... at least he is not screaming and will sit in it for a few minutes! Thanks Ash for the good advice.

Washing Quinn's hair in the sink!
Shaving with Dad! A favorite morning activity!
Aunt Kelly came for a weekend visit to help with Rex and Myla and to play with Quinton. I'm not sure who laughed more, Quinn or Kelly. They were pretty goofy together and I know that Quinn had a good time! She is a pretty fun Aunt! She brought sour gummy worms, goldfish and even baked with Quinn!

Kelly resting with Myla!
Kelly resting with Rex.... I promise she did more than just lay around all weekend! She chased Quinn EVERYWHERE so she deserved to lay down for a few minutes!
Kelly and I took advantage of the beauiful day and put all the kids into my cool new stroller and walked to get a coffee. I'm sad that these nice days are leaving us!

I have no idea who taught Quinn to smile like this... crazy boy!
What a goof! He for sure has some Miller blood in him... that must be where he got his love for coffee!
Myla and Rex enjoying a the beautiful day!
What a handsome boy!
My pretty girl!
Hanging with Mom!
Our bubbles are almost gone, it must mean that winter is approaching!
Handsome!
Wearing Aunt Kelly's Vikings jersey. Showing a little support for his favorite team!
Quinn still LOVES shoes. It doesn't matter what kind as long as they are too big and fun to walk in. He had Kelly and I on the floor laughin as he attempted to walk in her cowboy boots.
Trying to get out of the boots.
Trying on a friends boots.
We could not be happier with how life is going. I am still hoping that Rex and Myla get better at taking their full feeding by breast to save us a little time and allow more time for playing but overall, everything is great. It's crazy to think about how according to their due date they are not even supposed to be born until this week. What a wild 8 weeks it has been and its so crazy how we could not imagine life without them. I'm sorry for the crazy amount of pictures in this update, I'm just a proud mom I guess!

4 comments:

Carrie Krupke said...

With Q being around all the guys at DTC, I'm sure he picked up the goofy smiles from them:) Babies look beautiful!

Walkerfamily1412 said...

Hi there! you dont know me but i came across your blog insearch of triple stroller pics! :) we are looking at getting the same one you have! Id really really love to hear what you think of it! if you dont mind and if you have time! shot me an email
Brandy_1412@yahoo.com
here is our blog if you want to check us you :)
www.walkerfamof4.blogspot.com

Samantha Karaidos said...

Have you tried a detachable shower head? Thats what my sister-in-law does and our nephew loves it!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi, looks like you are gaining a following. You don't know me either, but Grace Wiemen is one of my dearest friends (my hubby colead a church team with her at CSU and she was my BFF), and I just had my baby at 29 weeks and she was 1 lb 15 ounces (today, at a week old she was 2 lbs!). Grace knew I could use some encouragement so she sent me your link. I'm not sure how you know her, but I looked at your posts since the twins were born and was so encouraged by their growth! Our daughter, Micah Eleanor, is not on ventilation, as she pulled it out on her birth day. She is having some small apnea issues (bradycardiagrams sound familiar?) and she has twice spit up her milk, but she is doing SO WELL! Do you have advice for me? Oh, my name is Liz Messer and I am currently living in Omaha. My blog address is http://elspethfincannon.blogspot.com or my email is elspethfincannon@hotmail.com.