Monday, March 8, 2010

The "Rudes"

I feel like my kids change so fast that even if I updated the blog every week that I would still leave out so many things that they are doing and saying and how they are changing. I can't even express how much my kids steal my heart every day. The smiles, the tears, the giggles and the cries... I enjoy them all x3... I'm pretty lucky!

Quinton never stops talking! This week he started saying his name, "Quinton Rude" along with saying "Daddy Rude, Mommy Rude, Myla Rude, Rex Rude." It is pretty cute how he says it, although he will also say "Leighton Rude" and many other people are "Rudes" according to Quinn.



Everyone here is doing amazing. The babies are 6 months old which blows my mind! Everyone who I talked to with twins before Rex and Myla were born told me that the first six months were the hardest... well, they definitely were busy and at times a little overwhelming but I didn't think they were as hard as I was told they would be!

Rex and Myla enjoy eating their fingers, blankets and toys. Quinn has graciously offered them his own fingers for snacking on, what a generous big brother!

Quinn continues to copy everything we do and say. The other day he was looking at a book and I looked over and he was licking his fingers to turn the page (although he was turning the page with the hand that he didn't lick... kinda funny) but he had seen Dan and I doing that when we read to him so he decided to do the same! Funny boy. He can now count to six and is able to write a somewhat legible Q! While he does it he says, "circle, line, circle, line"

Quinton's phrase lately is "____ where are you?" that blank is filled with Daddy, Mommy, red birdie, moon, toys... Whenever we go outside at night he says "Moon, where are you?" when he can't find a toy he is looking for he says, "Truck, where are you?" and so on. The other afternoon while enjoying the nice weather we spotted a red birdie and watched him for about 20 minutes and then the rest of the night Quinn kept asking, "Red birdie, where are you?" Funny Boy!

Amber and cousin Hudson came over for a visit. Many have said that Hudson and Rex look alike... what do you all think?

All in their PJ's relaxing together!

My Little Boys!It was right before bedtime and Dan was reading to Quinn and I was getting some milk warmed up and Rex crashed on Myla. What a sweet thing!


Rex and Myla are sharing already!
A new way of having all three babies in the bathtub! Quinn wanted to sit in the bumbo and both babies were in the little tub. A fun activity for all!
The babies both enjoy the "jumperoo." Rex is getting close to weighing enough to actually jump. But Myla on the other hand won't weigh enough until she is ten... ok maybe not ten, but by the time she weighs enough she probably will be moving on her own. She is definitely a Wee Rude!

My Beautiful Eyed Baby Boy!
Relaxing!
Rex doesn't take a pacifier but he does find comfort in falling asleep while trying to lick his sleeve... funny little boy!

We live in an old house and our floor vents were very fragile. Quinton and some of his friends ended up dropping toys down there and then trying to get them out themselves... well after a few times of that the vent covers broke and the result was a HUGE hole outside Quinton's bedroom, a trap for anyone walking in our house. Well, we all know that Papa is quite handy... Little did we know that he even knows how to make vent covers. He quickly found a solution to our huge hole, a piece of wood with some holes drilled in it and a little bit of staining and we now have a sturdy and beautiful vent cover!

Quinn used to walk by the vent and say "happened" because everyone that came over would ask what happened, now when he walks by he says proudly, "Papa made it"Dan getting a little after nap cuddle with everyone!

Quinn and I have ventured back outside again, thanks to a few nice days. He enjoyed kicking over my snow towers that I made.

Helping to do a little ice chopping
He's already ready to play basketball!
Well, life is never boring or quiet here and for that I am truly thankful. "Daddy Rude, Mommy Rude, Rex Rude, Myla Rude and Quinton Rude" are all doing wonderful. We are truly a blessed Rude Family!

No comments: