Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snow Day!

This is how I left my babies! I am thankful to have gotten on a great schedule with my all my babies. I usually get at least two hours every afternoon where everyone is sleeping. I get to pick up, do some laundry, read my bible, relax... sometimes I even get a nap in! It is always so sweet to watch my babies sleep. I was laughing to myself yesterday when in a matter of two minutes my house went from sweet and silent to three crying babies. It is always an adventure here at the Rude house, but an adventure that I sure love to be on!
My sleeping babies!Quinton looks so big... too big for a pacifier... we will work on that! bad picture but I didn't want to use a flash.
I was washing some dishes and turned my back for a moment only to turn back around to find Quinn eating two muffins and with such a goofy smile on her face. He is such a goof and a joy!
I saw on another moms blog that she let her boys play with their dump trucks and diggers and beans.... well I didn't have beans so I started with rice....I quickly decided that beans were a better option, they are a little easier to clean up! It entertains Quinton for a long time. He uses his digger to push the beans around and puts beans in the back of his dump truck. A wonderful indoor activity!
You would be amazed at all the different positions that I hold the twins while playing with Quinton. You have to be creative when all three need your attention. The babies have quite a bit of awake time these days. They take a little nap in the mornings a long nap in the afternoons and a little one in the evenings but when they are not sleeping they are watching us play trucks, color, read books, build towers, I'm pretty sure that they want to join the fun!
Some really handsome boys!
Quinton is a fabulous big brother. We are working on sharing our toys with friends that come to visit, with me and Dan and also with Rex and Myla. It is good practice for him.
Here he is showing Rex his new digger... the digger is his favorite toy this week!
Quinn likes to help us put the babies in their seats and will even try and hook a carseat on his arm like Dan and I do to carry the babies outside. Quinton is definitely a "monkey see monkey do" boy. He likes to copy us!
Brothers hanging out in the bath!
Rex hanging out in the bath!
My Beautiful MylaBoth Rex and Myla try to put everything in their mouths these days!
Our bathtub is always a colorful mess!
Check out the beautiful neck strength
Rex' favorite toy is this colorful octopus
Myla eating her hands
Rex doing the same.
Myla and Rex
Well, Des Moines got hit with yet more bad weather! The only problem is that when you are a stay at home mom, snow days are not quite as fun as they used to be. Growing up, snow days were longed for. I remember having my friend Caitlin sleep over anticipating a snow day. But today resulted in no music class, no hanging out with my friend Carla, and no dinner and play date with Christy, Leighton and McCabe. I don't mind being home all day, I mean most days we are home all day, but I do look forward to taking Quinn to music class and getting to see friends. Oh well...Praise the Lord for a warm house and beans to play with!

1 comment:

Maryrose said...

Meg and Dan,
Your family sure is growing. I love catching up with you on the blog. Quinn's curls look just like his Mommy's used to look. Rex looks like he is all boy and will give you a run for your money. Myla looks so sweet and shy. Hopefully her brothers will be very protective of her. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Tim and Maryrose