Sunday, October 5, 2014

Summer at a Glance

Summer is long over. We have turned our heat on and on Saturday we almost froze to death at the kids soccer games. I believe that, "We should not even be outside in weather like this," were some of the words that came out of Myla's mouth. I totally agree! And although I love the fall, jumping in the leaves, burning candles, exploring the pumpkin patch, I can't help but look back at these pictures longingly.
This summer was one of the best. It seems like every moment gets sweeter and every year there are many more things to experience. And even though I have no desire for time to go any faster, every stage seems to be a beautiful one. With only the little Jett man napping on a regular basis I didn't feel like we were completely tied to nap time. We could stay at the pool a little longer, play at the park for a few more minutes, pull one more person on the tube.
We enjoyed an amazing trip to Arkansas, a fabulous Rude family vacation in Branson, countless hours at the pool, park, lake, lots of play dates with friends, and five crazy kids that refused to stay still for more than a brief moment.
My parents neighbors shared their water trampoline with us while we were in Arkansas and we spent every waking minute either swimming or tubing off the boat or swimming and jumping off the water trampoline. I'm fairly certain I'm raising fish.
These boys keep me on my toes as they are constantly coming up with new ways to jump, flip, and soar off of things and the water trampoline provided the perfect place to try out all their crazy ideas.
Our four big kids all tried tubing this year and we had to pry them off when their turn was done. Growing up my dad used to love dragging us on the tubes and doing his best to knock us off. I think that these kids will give their Papa a run for his money someday!
      
      
And everyone needs a little sand in their pants.
  
And summer would not be complete without soaking their clothes. I have a hard time saying no to playing in the water even if they don't have swimming suits. There is something so innocent about children running through the sprinkler in their clothes. They don't care and I love that!
Myla's my little dancer.
Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles.
I absolutely love the looks on Myla's face and Quinn's face as they laugh at Rex with bubbles in his hair. Oh, they make my heart melt.
       
We started school the end of August and have a good routine going. I love watching their little minds soak in all that is put in front of them.
Celebrated with 4th with some fabulous friends.
 
Summer is our favorite. I can't get enough of my sweet family! 
How many days until the pool opens again?

No comments: