Friday, January 25, 2013

JETT ABELL

Our newest blessing has quickly stolen our hearts. He is just perfect!
Meet Jett Abell Rude. 
He was born yesterday, January 24th at 5:31pm.
Weighing 8lbs 1oz, 20 inches.
38 weeks and 4 days. 
Perfectly Precious.

I went from not knowing if I should go into the hospital at 2pm to holding my baby at 5:30pm and only having to push twice.... Yes, twice. After by far the most difficult pregnancy I have had he was ready to come out and meet us quite quickly! 
His first name was just because we love short, tough, names. His middle name is from my momma, Nana. Abell is my mom's maiden name. Each of our children's middle names have been family names. Quinton Daniel (Dan), Rex Michael (after my dad), Myla Jane (after Dan's moms middle name), Titan Timothy (after Dan's dad) so we were left with my mom to put into a middle name. We didn't think that Patricia or Ann fit with Jett very well so we went to her maiden name, Abell. It is a fun way to honor her in our naming. I love that it is clear where the name came from and we were able to get all the grandparents into our names. 
He came out wide awake and ready to party and spent the next couple of hours just staring at us and nursing, and staring and nursing. He's totally a Rude boy, ready to eat!
Because of the crazy influenza going around kids, yes even siblings, are not allowed into the hospital rooms. They can come up to the hospital and look at him through the glass in the nursery. A little heart breaking because we have talked daily through this pregnancy about how they would get to come up to the hospital and hold him and meet him. Myla has been given the honorary roll of the first sibling hold. We figured that being her forth brother she should get the first hold. So when we bring him home she will get to be the first to snuggle him up.
 My newest reason for my heart to beat. He is absolutely perfect in every way.
 
Dan and his almost birthday buddy (one day shy). Today is Dan's 29th birthday. We were joking that he can say that he had five kids while he was 28. I'm thankful that Jett arrived because I had nothing to give Dan for his birthday. I figured not much can top a new baby for a gift. 
 Our first shot with the three of us a few minutes after he was born!
 Checking out how perfect he is!
There is nothing quite like snuggling a new baby, and not just A new baby but MY new baby. My forever baby. Trying to soak every moment in so I don't forget it. It's funny how comfortable it is having it be our 5th child. The crying, nursing, diapers, bath, etc. that is so scary with your first is a piece of cake with this little man. It's funny how at ease Dan and I both are with him.
 Oh my, he is beautiful!
 He came out so fast he still has a perfectly round head. Oh he is wonderful.
I am off to see my big kids peak at him through the window and then we are taking the big kids to McDonalds in the hospital. They are excited. I'm excited for them to see him and get to hug them and even more excited for our family of 7.... 7.... 7.... 7.... WOW to be together.

Crazy in love with Jett Abell. We are beyond blessed and so thankful to the Lord

2 comments:

April Scherb said...

I am rejoicing with your family Meg! Praise are Almighty King for the blessing of Wee Rude #5! Can't wait to visit with you and snuggle your forever baby!

Sarah and Jed said...

Congratulations Rudes! He is just perfect. I can't wait to meet him!