Monday, November 19, 2012

Little Bakers

We are already in full holiday spirit around the Rude house. Our Christmas tree went up last weekend, we are listening to Christmas music, talking about all that surrounds the Christmas season, reading Christmas books, and attempting (remember who is writing this) a little baking.

Yes, I have four little bakers. In case I haven't emphasized this in the past, TITAN WILL NOT BE LEFT OUT OF ANYTHING! My youngest, for a few more weeks, is one going on four. He understands EVERYTHING, you can't sneak anything by this boy, he wants to be in the center of all the action. So naturally when baking muffins and cookies Titan is front and center. 
My lovely Quinton.
Monkey see, monkey do.
With the cooler weather and this pregnancy slowing me down we are always looking for fun indoor activities. Despite my dislike of the cooler weather, I am thankful for a winter baby. Being indoors more has allowed me to put my feet up more often which is completely necessary with #5. I am beyond excited to have him in my arms as opposed to crushing my body from the inside!
Rex is growing like a maniac! I just cleaned out all of their closets, one of my least favorite tasks, and over the summer Rex completely passed up 3T size. He is now in 4T pants and shirts. Dan and I both agree that he is taller every time we look at him. He melts my heart.
Yes, she's lovely.
Titan showing off his huge molars in the back!
Everyone working hard.
We were just making simple sugar cookies, the goal was to use some fun cookie cutters (Thank you to my Aunt Sue for the cookie cutters) but staying true to myself we had little success with the cookies looking anything like the cutter shapes so I convinced them that we should make ornaments and we rolled balls of cookie dough and flattened them instead.
Look at this little goof ball. He is amazingly sneaky and the look on his sweet little face tells me that he is up to no good! Typical of this guy.
Caught mid-bite.
Check out these cookies.
Myla working hard with her little tongue out!
Yup, that's more cookie dough he's got in his mouth.
Oh, and Yes I am fully aware that this little boy needs a haircut. I just need to remember sometime when Dan is home and he can hold him down. It is going to be a challenge, that could be part of why I keep putting it off!
Fun is always messy!
We stuck Titan on clean up duty, also known as, water play time!
He seemed quite up to the challenge.
The lack of posts on these sweet little faces is due to the unbelievable amount of sleep that this momma needs. Tired beyond belief, Blessed beyond words. Completely looking forward to the holidays!

1 comment:

April Scherb said...

Oh my Meg, Titan has grown so much! He looks so much like Dan. I'm sad I haven't gotten to see much of your super sweet growing children. I think we shall fix that!