Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

So today Dan and I celebrate 4 WONDERFUL years together.
Our wedding day 4 years ago was wonderful. I remember there were tornadoes touching down moments before our wedding and people coming into the ceremony totally drenched but despite all that it was quite a celebration! It's hard to even remember everyone that was there to celebrate with us because the day goes by so quickly. Even though it was only 4 years ago there are quite a few things that I would change about our wedding... sorry bridesmaids about the awful dresses and the ugly flowers. But there is one thing that I would NEVER CHANGE... the man that I said "I Do" to. He is perfect for me in every way. He makes me a better person just being around him. I am honored to be his wife, I am honored to fight for the Lord next to him, I am honored to raise our children with him.

We got to spend 7 hours ALONE together yesterday. Dan's sisters, Jessica and Julia, hung out with our Wee ones. We left around 2 when they all laid down and enjoyed running some errands together, getting a dehumidifier for our basement and milk and fruit from Sams Club (you know romantic things like that). But in all reality we just LOVE being together and even running errands together (and alone) is such a delight. We did enjoy a LONG dinner downtown and then drove around for a while before going home. A truly WONDERFUL day together!

Dan surprised me with a special gift.
We have always talked about getting a nice camera for our family but it was never the right time. Well, a friend of ours is a photographer and he was getting a new camera and offered us his old (very nice) camera for a great deal. So much to my surprise I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D90 with a fabulous lens... I am going to get some lessons on how to use it from our friend because all I can do now is put it on Auto and shoot. But I am excited to capture the fun memories that happen daily around our house! I'm pretty sure that Dan loves to spoil me whenever he can. He is always way too good to me!!


I would not change a thing about the last 4 years. I am excited to see all that the Lord has in store for us this next year.

I love this man!!Happy 4th Anniversary Danny!

2 comments:

Momma Megan said...

Happy Wedding Birthday Dan & Meg!
Soo exciting about your new camera, how fun!

Ashley said...

congrats to 4 wonderful years! and many more to come.