Saturday, June 20, 2009

TWINS!!!!

I am sure that the word is out by now but this past Thursday the Rude family received an exciting but shocking surprise... We arrived at our 4th doctors appointment (our first appointment with an ultrasound) and quickly discovered some amazing news... we are expecting not just one healthy baby but TWO BABIES!!! A perfectly healthy little boy and a perfectly healthy little girl! Wonderful additions to our growing family.

The slightly ironic part is that I have always told friends that I wanted twins and I prayed for twins and hoped for twins but never expected to be blessed with twins. I have even told Dan multiple times this pregnancy that I was getting way too big way too fast that there must be two babies on board. The night before our ultrasound I said to him that I was feeling movements all over my belly and that there must be two babies in there... but seriously never expected it.

So we are thrilled by our news! All of the sudden the end of our pregnancy seems so much closer. But despite the many changes that will need to be made in our lives, Dan is such a solid rock in trusting the Lord that He will take care of us and provide for all our needs. It is pretty exciting to see the Lord bless us in such an amazing way... I mean two kids, one pregnancy... what could be better!!

Quinton is going to be a wonderful big brother and if these two babies are anything like him we cannot wait to welcome them into our family. Quinn has set the standards high in our minds for cuteness, sweetness and all around best kid so we are excited to see how two more children steel our hearts. Dan and I cannot imagine loving any child as much as Quinton... but I do hear that it is possible and we are so excited to make room in our hearts for two more lovable little ones. We hope that you all share in our excitement and we cannot wait to share our growing family with you... although we hope that it's not till at least 36 weeks!

More pictures to come this week... just a lot on our minds :)

No comments: