Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Already!

Wow time flies!
I can't believe that it is already June, what happened to May (I only did one post). On the other hand, it's only June, I still have many more weeks of carrying this little guy around in my big belly! It seems like some days take forever to go by and other times the whole month has gone by!

We are enjoying the summer and are totally in summer mode. We have gotten in the swing of putting lots of sun screen on, eating cold treats and getting in the pool anytime it is nice out! We are big fans of getting home from the park or a play date and jumping in with our clothes on. If I had to go and change everyone into their swimming suits everytime we wanted to take a quick dip then swimming might not come as regularly. Instead, we have fun in our shorts, lay them on the deck to dry and they are ready to wear again after naptime. If the pool is visible then they want to get in it! My little water babies!
Myla Jane, liking the water more and more!My water loving boys!
I am truly thankful that my children love each other. They have a blast with each other. That's not without an occasional push or stollen toy but they really enjoy each other. They keep each other entertained.
Rexy boy!
Myla has joined the scorpion phenomenon at our house. Any time music comes on at our house the scorpion comes out! She just likes to join in with the boys.The boys doing the scorpionLoving the slide
Rex' typical "cheese" face
The slide is used constantly in the pool!
Another day in the pool... pure joy on his face!


Look at this stud!
Rex looks so old all of the sudden. Quinn and Rex like to wear their sleveless shirts to "get tan like Daddy." Anytime Dan wears a jersey to mow or play outside, my little boys need to look like daddy.We brought out the sprinkler the other day. It was not as big of a hit as I anticipated. Myla would not even go in it and Rex kept running part way and then the moment it hit his face he would freeze and not know how to get out! Quinn ran through a few times. Maybe if some friends were over running with us it would be more of a thrill.
A shocking photo of Quinn without a shirt on and Rex still wearing a shirt. Usually the moment Quinn's shirt comes off so does Rex'.
We went to the zoo the other day with Daddy. The Des Moines zoo is not the most impressive place but keeps the kids entertained for an hour or so. Their favorite part is always feeding the goats, which is funny cause it is my least favorite part. My babes follow in their brother's footsteps and don't hesitiate at all when it comes to animals.
Rex and Daddy
Check out this good looking crew!

Attempting a picture with my kids.... hmmmm
We are all doing great. I'm 30 weeks along and still cooking this little guy and for that I am very thankful! I am measuring big (2.5 weeks big, nothing to worry about) but I guess that just means he is going to be a tough, big Rude boy! We are still working on names for this little guy. I have definitely been in the "nesting" phase of things. Although I just prefer to call it preparations. Getting clothes switched into different closets, things organized. I have not attempted to get the babies into their big beds yet but they are ready for them. I will have to post pictures soon of the boys bunk beds and Myla's big bed. The thought of them being able to get out of bed whenever they want to is a daunting idea so I might put it off for a few more weeks. Still lots of preparing to do, washing clothes and blankets, making sure the carseat is clean and ready to go. It is hard to image that in a few short weeks their will be one more mouth to feed, one more diaper to change, one more child to dress.... but more than that, one more sweet baby to love. Can't wait to give this little guy lots of kisses!!!

1 comment:

April Scherb said...

I absolutely love your blog meg and love that i get to see my pastor do things like feed goats ;)