Saturday, June 4, 2011

Big Kid Room!

I have been working on getting my BIG KID ROOM ready!
It is not finished. It still needs things on the walls, some new curtains, the nightstand needs some attention, I want to get some big baskets for underneath the bunk beds for toys to be stored. Getting all these things done would be ideal but I'm also not holding my breath. The important things are done, they all have beds (REALLY CUTE BEDS) and the walls got painted. Dan's sister Julia (who lives in our basement as of May) volunteered her time and did a great job painting their room Mineral Water blue. It looks a little more blue in person. I decided to go on the lighter side of things because I have picked too bright in the past and regretted it. It's also a fairly small room so a lighter color makes it feel bigger. The bunk beds I found on craigslist (after months of looking) for half of the price Dan told me I could spend, oh yeah! We already had one mattress, Dan's parents offered us a very loved but fine with a mattress topper 2nd mattress and some friends of our offered us a 3rd mattress... BLESSED! The boys bedding was on sale at Target and the sheets from Quinn's old bedding (which I had two sets) matched perfectly to the bedding as did his old pillows. And Myla's bedding was a little splurge but she is my FAVORITE girl in the whole world and I loved the bedding A LOT. So, this is where we are at so far with our Big Kid Room!
I'm not sure why but every picture is out of focus and bad color... oh well. The bunk beds were one year old and looked amazing when we got them. I was so excited. The family that was selling them only used them while they were remodeling and then wanted to get rid of them. I love craigslist!
Myla's sweet bed.
I decided that coordinating their bedding would be too difficult so I just picked what I liked for both of them. They will not share a room forever and I liked Myla's bedding too much! It's way prettier in person.I've been told this bedding fits her outgoing and sassy personality!
Quinn wanted to pose with his awesome bed!
He has slept on the top bunk since the day we got it and LOVES being up high!
The babies however have not slept in their beds yet. Tonight I decided to offer it to them thinking that they would be so excited to sleep with their big Bro but both were practically in tears and wanted to sleep in their cribs. I will have to start with naps and go from there. It's weird to me that they don't want to sleep in there. Oh well... someday soon!Well this is me, 30 weeks pregnant and Large! I didn't know that my husband was posing in the background. As I get bigger he keeps losing weight. He is still running 5 days a week, 6 miles a day. I'm so proud of him!
I also forgot to tell you all about the surprise date that my amazing husband took me on.
Last Sunday Dan surprised me with Taylor Swift tickets. Now you might be thinking, Taylor Swift??? But I happen to be a huge fan of her and most country music and Dan LOVES me was excited to take me out! We went to dinner before and then the concert. It was a HUGE production and very entertaining but more than that I was an amazing night with my husband. As much as I adore my children, a night with the most important man in the world to me so very treasured! Thank you Dan!!!

3 comments:

April Scherb said...

I love this picture of you with Dan posing in the back! Its just too cute.

Kelly said...

HOT MAMMA!!

Life's a Dance said...

just one thing absolutely LOVE myla's bedding! beautiful!