Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm No Match

I'm no match for their daddy!
Dan is more fun than anyone I've ever been around when it comes to our kids. I'm pretty sure that I could do the exact same thing, the exact same way and the level of fun would not even be half the level of fun that my kids have with their daddy. My efforts pale in comparison. There is just something about him that they adore! I mean I don't really blame them. He is a blast and is ALWAYS coming up with fun things to do and fun places to explore and creative ways to jump or throw a ball that could keep them entertained for hours! My children do love me, but being 31 weeks pregnant does not increase my "fun-ness" in their eyes. When Daddy is around I'm usually only needed when someone gets hurt or needs a little extra hug. I'm so glad my kids adore Dan and Dan adores them. I am so thankful for my fun loving husband.

We have had some really fun Daddy time this week. We went fishing at our friends house. They just moved to a "lake" (although no Minnesotan would actually allow you to call it a lake). Our friends said that the fishing was great for kids which means you cast and catch, cast and catch. They were right and we caught enough fish to keep my kids entertained for an hour. Well between the fish and the worms everyone was happy!

Daddy and his kids showing off their catch.
They were all a good size, the only bummer was they were a little too big for my kids to hold them without getting poked and for some reason my kids like holding slimy things!
Everyone enjoyed some special Daddy attention while he fished with each one of them. I'm so blessed to be married to a man who cares so much about a relationship with each of our kids.
They were all really good at cheering for each other to catch a fish.
There is something so amazing at watching your children grow up. It's like I blinked and these two are big and independent and have opinions and personalities.
Watching Daddy get the hook out!
Daddy and the babes
The BIG worms kept the babes especially entertained.
They LOVE slimy things.
Myla is brave just like her brothers. She's not afraid of much!
In case you were wondering, the worms usually end up dead after being held and loved on.
We had an AWESOME family day on Tuesday.
We met the Hukee family at the "Big Pool" (as opposed to the splash park) and had a blast. My children LOVED being able to do big jumps, go down the water slide, play in the fountains. Quinn didn't even want Dan or I to catch him. He would jump into 2.5 or 3 feet of water by himself and go under but was so pumped about it. Myla didn't want you to catch her either, she wanted one hand to hold but you could not stand in front of her and she would go under occasionally. What a crazy girl. Rex, although slightly more hesitant about things had a great time too. I love my little water babies. I did not however, get any pictures because 3 kids in a big pool require 2 parents attention AT ALL TIMES. So the big pool is something special we just get to do with Daddy. We packed a lunch so we were there till 2 (nap time) and this was my view for the 8 minute car ride home.... Totally worn out.
I am truly thankful for all the fun times with Daddy.
Dan is amazing and loves each one of our children in such special ways. I love watching him be so sweet to Myla, a special Daddy daughter relationship that only he and her will share. I love watching him teach my boys things and how to be tough and brave. I have no doubt that adding another babe around here will only increase the fun level and Dan will come up with fun ways to include baby #4. He is the best Daddy and I'm just fine with not being nearly as fun as he is!
I'm just no match for Daddy!

No comments: