Monday, February 6, 2012

Moms' Overnight!

A few months ago some of my girlfriends and I were talking about how we needed a girls night out. A time where we could get together and talk and talk and talk and laugh and laugh and laugh just us moms. It was even suggested to do an overnight so that we could stay up late and sleep in.

So, my little mind went to work trying to make this dream of a girls overnight into a reality.

Well, Friday night was the night and it did not disappoint. 37 Beautiful women went to dinner together downtown. These are 37 women, some of them I have known since high school, some since college, some I'm related to, some I'm just getting to know but regardless I love to share life with them. I love being in similar circumstances with them, I love each of their hearts for the Lord, I love getting to figure out motherhood with them. Between the 37 of us there are over 60 kids and 11 more on the way... WOW! So our +60 kids enjoyed a night away from their mommas and we moms made the most of our night away from our kids.Dinner was fabulous. Three long tables in a private room provided for lots of chatting. Then it was off to the hotel for hot tubing and games. 30 of the 37 moms spent the night downtown at the Embassy Suites and many of those who didn't actually spend the night came for the festivities. At one point there were 28 of us sitting down at the hot tub or the pool. At 11 pm (way past most of our bedtimes) we started games, brought out snacks and sounded like a group of high school girls talking, talking, talking. My room was up past one, and a few of the girls were awake past 3am. Party animals.

I thought this was a fun picture. The whole pool wall lined with girls talking. There were even some intense water aerobics going on (Allie Crummy, Ashley Garrison, Jenny Schreiner).It was a wonderfully encouraging evening. It is always so great to talk through life and motherhood with women who are trying hard to be women after the Lord's heart. It is fun getting a chance to eat a hot meal ( I didn't have to cut anyone's food up first or make sure 4 mouths were fed before my own). It was fun playing games and staying up late. I did however feel like a zombie on Saturday but it was totally worth it for a fabulous evening. We woke up a 8am, AMAZING! And enjoyed a fabulous breakfast, custom made omelets and a full breakfast bar, again hot food!

Now you might be wondering how Dan did with my 4 fabulous children. Let me start by saying that DAN IS AMAZING. He never once said anything about the fact that Titan has never taken a bottle, he was so excited for me the whole time. I offered to come home and feed Titan. He quickly responded that it was not necessary and he would be just fine. Titan did not take a bottle but enjoyed an evening of teething cookies, and yogurt (what baby wouldn't love that), he slept 10.5 hours and woke up to more yogurt and cookies. I think he liked having Daddy in charge.

I was approached by or received a message from about 20 of the women asking when we could do that again or saying that it must be an annual event. Looking forward to moms' overnight February 2013 but I am thinking that maybe we will have to do another moms event in the fall.

I am so thankful that it was such an encouraging time.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun. Good for YOU for organizing!

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun. Good for YOU for organizing!

Carrie Krupke said...

Wowzer! 60+ kids and 11 on the way! What a blessing of fellowship for you all! :) I think that may need to be a twice-a-year-deal. Good job!