Monday, October 29, 2012

Leaf Jumping

The fall is upon us, which only means one thing...winter is next.
I'm not dreading it as much as I usually do. I love all the holidays. I cannot wait to decorate for Christmas with my kids. It always makes the house magical and extra cheery. Then after the holidays I get to meet and snuggle my forever baby. I have a feeling that Wee #5 will make the rest of winter a little more bearable. If I am forced to stay inside because of the cold and snow I will have a precious little guy to hold.

Back to fall. I cannot seem to get my kids out of their shorts. No matter the weather my boys constantly want to wear their basketball shorts, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. Maybe the snow will force them into pants. They are obviously warm, sweaty boys like their Daddy. Myla and I will be, "So chilly," and they will be only in their basketball shorts running around the house. It could be that they are constantly on the move. I'll keep you posted what happens when the snow comes, I have a feeling that unless they we are leaving the house they will be in shorts. Often times they sport tall socks and their shorts. I'm not raising fashion models. I have officially given up the shorts battle and realized there are many more important things to care about.

We still have been getting outside and enjoying the weather any chance that we get. We have no trees in our front yard but our wonderful neighbors lent us their leaves for the necessary jumping in.
 
Those same wonderful neighbors house was almost considered a "total loss" to a house fire a week and a half ago. They are our favorite neighbors, Dave and Jeff. They have a sweet little dog, Jetta, and have been so kind to us since the day that we moved in, they live right next door to us. About a week and a half ago (it was a Thursday so Dan was off) we were sitting in our living room about 8am and it was cold and rainy outside. I commented to my kids to look at the fog outside, a few minutes later there was another big wave of fog. Dan opened the front door to see if the fog was from something only to discover smoke pouring from the front of their house. I ran to our deck and the entire back of their house was up with flames, coming through their roof. The fire chief (who we know) pulled up at the same time so we were left with no one to call but Dave and Jeff. In tears I urgently called them. Four fire departments later, and unimaginable amount of smoke (I could not see anything across the street), lots of tears and chaos their house was considered almost a total loss. It was said to have started from something electrical. It is hard to see two grown men cry, and go through their memories, and realize all that was lost. I cannot even imagine that feeling. 

On a lighter note, we are thankful that they are rebuilding and in about 6 months will be able to move back in again. 
My sweet big boys (I'm realizing that Q is not in shorts, but believe me, that is all he wants to wear).
Mid-air jump from Quinton.
Rex simply adores his big brother. Anytime we are going somewhere to see friends I will ask my kids who they are excited to see or play with. Rex' response is always, "I'm excited to play with Quinn." And that is what he does. He gladly interacts with all the other kids as long as his big brother is close by. It's a sweet relationship.
We would often tell Myla that she was, "firey" or that she was, "On fire" on the days when she is extra sassy. We can no longer use those terms after our neighbor's house fire, our kids have a whole new understanding of, "on fire."
Spunky little girl.
She wanted her own time to jump in the leaves without the boys.
Gotta love my little girl.
So lots going on here.
I'm blessed to spend my life for these 5 precious kids.

No comments: