Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas day was so much fun!

Dan spoke at the Christmas Eve service so Christmas day was pajamas, presents, coffee, food and family time! I LOVED every minute of it! It was the perfect family day. We got to be in our pajamas until 4:30 when we went to the Rude's house to celebrate some more.

My children are now skilled present openers and although they were showered with gifts by both our families we decided since we would be home on Christmas it would be really fun to have some things for them to open. We have not been home on Christmas since we have been married so it was fun to come up with some of our own traditions.

My happy wee ones in front of our tree.
We had much success on craigslist with some of their presents. My kids love the movie CARS and CARS cars are a favorite toy around here. We found a whole bunch of them unopened on Craigslist for so cheap! So I excitedly wrapped each one and they excitedly opened each one. It was funny because there were all these little presents that were exactly the same size and they still didn't know what was in each one. I love kids! Titan just loves being around his siblings and they still adore him!Do you think they look alike?My attempt at a picture with all of them!Rex was nominated to open the first gift. I love Myla's face in this picture. My kids did a really good job of being excited for each other and taking turns with all their new toys.Myla needed a headband on to open gifts...We took our time opening gifts. After each gift we would open it, put it together (if needed) and enjoy it before opening another. I love opening gifts that way. This was after they each opened their first present. We probably could have stopped then. They were so pumped about their new car. The boys shared a big present. A really awesome pirate ship to go with their Imaginext toys. We love this! Dan was probably just as excited about it as they were.Myla insisted that baby Hailey open a gift so then Quinn thought the Hippo should help too. This also played a role in our leisurely morning. This was probably my favorite gift. Growing up I had a few American Girl Dolls and I had a lot of their clothes, a table, and beds. I am anxiously awaiting the day when I can give Myla' her first doll. I absolutely loved my dolls growing up and took great care of them so they are all ready for Myla. I was told (and I suppose I agree, I'm just really excited) that she was too young for a doll but I did bring one of their beds home for her to use for her babies. So baby Hailey and baby Molly, as well as my boys dogs now have a place of their own to sleep.

Oh it is just so cute!We enjoyed cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and our family favorite, hot sandwiches for lunch. But the best part was just being together, playing with their new toys and enjoying the excitement on their faces. After some earlier naps we were off to the Rude's house for more fun and festivities. Nine out of ten children were there with their spouses and 11/13 of the grandchildren were there. I think it goes without saying but it was quite the party. We enjoyed Chili for dinner and good conversations. Despite all living the the Des Moines area it is hard to make everyone's schedules work together so Christmas day was the perfect time to celebrate. We are so thankful for the large and growing Rude family. My big kids with their cousin Hudson. It was just a wonderful day. Loved all the memories made.
I am so blessed.

No comments: