Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bumbos, Baking and Beyond...

Life at the Rude house is quite exhilarating, but as seen in the picture above can be quite exhausting too! We go through an average of 21 diapers a day, an average of 22 feeding times a day (Rex and Myla each taking 8 and Quinn 3 meal, 2 snacks and milk before bed), 3 times a day I pick up my living room, 2 times a day I wipe spit up off my shirt, but I get tons of kisses (Quinton now gives kisses to everyone and everything) and smiles from all three of my babies, making all the craziness totally worth it!

Sleeping Beauty!
Handsome Rex
Bumbo Time!
Rex and Myla's necks continue to get stronger so I decided to pull out their bumbo chairs! I don't think that these chairs were designed with a 7 lb baby in mind so we have to stick a blanket under Miss Myla to make the chair work for her. Both babies do well in them for a few minutes and their big brother likes to be in the mix too. He thinks it is pretty fun to sit with "My" and "Ex"... aka Myla and Rex. It's fun because Quinn is getting very good at saying their names. He also, as mentioned above, loves to give them kisses!
Both Myla and Rex enjoy being able to look around a little while in the Bumbo chairs. Isn't she cute?
Rex is thinking about how heavy his head is!
My sweet youngest baby!
Baking!
This has become a favorite past time for Quinton and I. We never used to have baked goods in our house but it is fun to do together. I also found some Christmas sprinkles which were quite a hit while making some peanut butter cookies!
This video will show you all just why Quinton loves to bake. I'm not sure if more chocolate chips ended up on the cookies or in Quinn's mouth. He enjoyed flattening the cookies (just like Papa likes them) and of course putting sprinkles on them. Needless to say, I have a red a green kitchen floor!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKTUWNHnTQg
This is what our cookies look like with a little help from Quinn!
Another exciting event this week was putting up our Christmas Tree. We enjoyed a family day and decided to put our tree up (I know it's a little early but I knew Quinton would enjoy it). It was fun to see him get so excited, especially about the lights. When he wakes up in the morning the second thing we do (the first is ask about the babies) is now turn on our Christmas tree. He enjoys all the ornaments. He offers the ornaments goldfish and drinks of his water. So funny how he comes up with these things on his own!
My little Helper with the lights!
Decorating the tree!
He's in awe of the tree and I am in awe of how much I love this boy!
I put Rex and Myla under the Christmas tree to look at the lights while Quinn took a bath and when he got out he decided to join them. Again, Rex seems to always get a little squished but he is a good sport! It is so sweet to see them all laying together!
Just being his silly self!
So, this seems to be the answer to our bath time troubles... Quinton will bathe for an hour if he is in his baby tub. I'm not really sure why it makes such a difference but he is a different boy when sitting in this little bath! It does however get a little crowded in the tub when you put all the trucks, markers, balls, dinosaurs but I am willing to do just about anything for a clean baby!
Goofy!
He could not get any cuter!
My Little Stud!
We are sad that the weather is getting colder and if anyone has any suggestions for fun indoor activities please keep me posted. It could be a long winter if we don't have some fun activities to do and we can't bake every day :)
We are looking forward to the holidays. We are so blessed to have such great families. We are heading to the Rude's for Thanksgiving. It is always fun with all the kids and family around and then off to Arkansas for Christmas with all the Millers. We are truly thankful for our family!

3 comments:

Grace Wieman said...

Hey Meg! Just read your fun blog! You could always do Story Time at the library :). Q would probably enjoy it a lot! Just an indoor fun idea!
Love, Grace

Nichole said...

Love all the pictures and updates! All three of your kids are adorable! You have just motivated me to bake with Haven. I have been wanting to but just haven't done it yet! Haven and I have started doing "art activities." I usually end up doing most of the work but it is a fun indoor activity and it is also fun to have stuff to display around the house and to show daddy when he comes home!

Ashley said...

Brixton likes playdough a lot. Annelise gave him some homemade batches of it. It's a hit